• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Musings of a Prisoner

McIan

Journeyman
Well, I guess I’ve done it now! I’m done for.

Leaning against the cold stone wall in the cramped confines of his locked cell in Emerald Keep, Toby Gillens, contemplated his fate and dreaded his destiny.

She spoke to me in my mind! She told me not to reveal her name. She can talk to me, but can I talk to her?

He closed his eyes and tried to picture his predicament and all the faces he could remember associated with it: the leader, Chanticleer, Gauf, several soldiers and women whose names were not mentioned in conversations among them. And then there was that lady in blue who tried to help him. He did not see much of the building nor its surroundings, not enough to amount to anything that might help her locate him.

That blasted drow! I will get him if it’s the last thing I do! It’s a miracle he didn’t kill me! He must have told them everything he wrenched out of me! There was no use lying.

They know everything… they know the plan to discredit Scar; the ambush in Papua; names of primary minions; Virani, and the Elder, Damian. Maybe they will discount all of it and let it pass?

He laughed aloud. “And maybe the walls will cave in and I can get out of this rat hole!”

At least he was free of the confines of that accursed cave… chained to a wall, beaten half to death with a whip after being released from the iron maiden in the elf’s lair, transported to there… little food and water… for how many days? He lost count.

All he could hope for was a quick death or salvation. Forget salvation. He was nothing to any of them, less than a bug. What did he owe his masters anyway? Malikai, Virani, that wraith thing, the Elder? Pain and misery. They wouldn’t waste a minute on him… but they might feel the urge to kill him, to keep him from talking more… or being used.

Being used.

It might not be a bad idea. If they would protect him and set him free… why not? Why not help them for a slim chance at life and freedom? Better than what he has now.

Something to think about!