• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Musicianship] Music to 120?

H

Hwarang

Recently returned to UO after about 4 years away. Still trying to catch up on some of the skill changes, figure out what's new, etc.

I've checked the forums, and I'm finding a lot of info about discordance, peace, and prov, but not much about music itself. My bard/tamer currenty has 100.4 Music, 100 peace, 80.8 provo. I'm wanting to get Music up to 120. Obviously, besides working on getting Provoke up as well, any suggestions?

B

Brucie Kibbutz

if you want to gain as you play, no suggestions, just let it go.

If you want to raise provoking, lock music and start provoking. The higher your music, the less difficult it makes the creatures to provoke, ie less gains. Worry about provoking first, music you can do a last object all day long at luna bank.

I also had peace on my tamer, strongly recommend against it unless you plan on using it to tame a lot. The higher end monsters take multiple tries to peace, and lasts for a solid <1 second. Completely useless on harrower, I can tell you that much. Discordance is much more worthwhile in skill points, but it's even slower than provoking to raise.

H

Hwarang

k, thanks. I'll go ahead and lock music then. Just hit 101.0 in it. Getting provoke gains off ogre lords, even on failures, so I'll keep going that route for a bit.

Not sure yet about peace vs. discord. I'm leaning more and more towards soulstoning peace and raising discord, sure enough. Just need to get another soulstone first, lol.