• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Music, sound, and the wiki

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Someone wanted to add support to the wiki for which specific sound effect is played by any given rare, rather than just the "yes/no" I'd previously supported. So that is now supported; notice the sound id on the right at The Fashionholic Piglet - Stratics Community Wiki . But I decided to take that a step further, and to support sounds just like I'd supported hues. So assuming someone has added a sound's id # to an item's wiki listing, now you can also see what items play a given sound; see UO:Items that make sound 197 - Stratics Community Wiki . That also meant adding a new main menu page for all sound effects: Sound Effects - Stratics Community Wiki

But as long as I was doing sound effects, I figured I also ought to bring over and update all of the old Stratics music info. So there's also now a Music page, also linked off the main menu: Music - Stratics Community Wiki

It's taken me a couple of weeks to dig up all the info I can for that page. It supports the music from the pre-alpha, the original release, UO:R, Third Dawn, plus all the tracks added to the classic client since AOS. It's quite possible that I've missed some, or that someone out there can help fill in the unknown composer/where played/etc info, so now I turn it over to you guys. If you can help improve that info, please do! :)

Thanks,
Brian

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an FYI. The "old" rares forum was very nice. I could type in what I wanted, and it gave me what I needed to know! The "new" one (since the change) is a nightmare to navigate! I am at the point I currently don't even bother with it. :( Am I missing something, or is it not "finished" yet? Or is it just not going to be as "user friendly" as the old one?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I don't have anything to do with managing the forum software, that's all @Nexus. But this is the new version of Xenforo; I don't think anything is changing now. I think you're talking about searching the forum, though? There is a change there. See where it says "Everywhere"? The old default was to search the current forum. The current is "everywhere". Just change that dropdown to "This forum" when you search, and you should get results more like you're expecting.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the reply! I figured out how to search only the forum, but even when doing that, it doesn't to work the way I am "used to". I will give it another try. Thanks again.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the reply! I figured out how to search only the forum, but even when doing that, it doesn't to work the way I am "used to". I will give it another try. Thanks again.
Xenforo 2 was a complete rewrite some things simply won't work the way they did before unfortunately.