• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Murder Mystery, Faction only event on Siege

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Unless I am missing something, only factioneers are able to take part in this quest.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not like there's any way for the devs to work around it for you guys with this event.. the Royal Council meets inside the castle.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not like there's any way for the devs to work around it for you guys with this event.. the Royal Council meets inside the castle.
You mean like they have an area setup on Siege in Serpent Isle so that the entire population could go to the original RBG quest events. Nice try...la

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*nods* It has been worked around before.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well yeah, but none of them before were anything completely specific to the castle fiction-wise.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the past, the EMs have used the War Room in Serpent's Hold instead of the throne room in Castle Britannia as a gathering point for the Royal Britannian Guard. This also had a fictional explanation: when Minax invaded Britannia, Nystul's spell on Siege Perilous created a protective barrier around Serpent's Hold instead of opening the moongates to Trammel, and the city was subsequently used as the seat of the official government while the Factions were fighting for control of the rest of the land.
Therefore it would have made sense for the last gathering of the Royal Council to happen in Serpent's Hold instead of Britain on Siege...

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well yeah, but isn't Serps still under siege from the Vanguard?

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They spawn in a different area and i killed them both about 20 mins ago anyways :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Well yeah, but isn't Serps still under siege from the Vanguard?

On Siege, a few critters will not stop us from getting where we want to go. An impassable barrier on the other hand...

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siegers aren't quite THAT good, but I do see what you mean. :p

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, it was great with that one event in the castle with the mouce and coins. Only faction players could do it, and to top it off, the coins weren't stealable...la

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Siege, a few critters will not stop us from getting where we want to go. An impassable barrier on the other hand...
If you find the KEY clue in this Murder Mystery event then you will not need
to go through the Castle!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

K

Kiminality

If you find the KEY clue in this Murder Mystery event then you will not need
to go through the Castle!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
But, if anyone wants to actually follow through from start to finish, then they're pretty much out of luck.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yeah, that is a bummer. Perhaps the True Brits *spits* should get a new hang out.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah, it was great with that one event in the castle with the mouce and coins. Only faction players could do it,

And then they spawned every 4 hours in the Britain Sewers for about a month afterwards. You COULD have gotten as many as you could carry then (I know I did on LS). Are the sewers Faction only?

And here I thought any non-PvP content was beneath the mighty Siege players! :p :D

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Do not let a few speak for all of Siege. Many of us enjoy the same things all UO players do. We are not all that different. *nods*

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not let a few speak for all of Siege. Many of us enjoy the same things all UO players do. We are not all that different. *nods*
where are these players, still just posting on stratics about how they wana change siege and never get around to logging in to make an actual change... just some food for thought might be hard to swallow but it isnt meant in a bad way... just a bad thing for siege.

A

Alizaren

where are these players, still just posting on stratics about how they wana change siege and never get around to logging in to make an actual change... just some food for thought might be hard to swallow but it isnt meant in a bad way... just a bad thing for siege.
I log in everyday Puff, and I play (don't PvP, that's not my style but I do plenty of other stuff) every day. I just prefer playing Siege because it's more old school than the other shards. And I don't think it's too much to ask that things actually work on our shard. It gets really old being treated as the red-headed step-child of UO just because we want a challenge in play style. No one said we wanted defective game mechanics, just a challenge in the style we play. I don't think it's too much to ask (especially as our money spends as well as players on shards where things work from the jumping off point) but apparently it IS too much to deliver on. Sad, but true.