• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Multiple sims

G

Am I the only one eagerly awaiting the feature that allows us to play more than one sim on the same account at a time? It will be alot easier to develop and carry out the game plan I have for my sims when I don't have to do it one sim at a time, especially in the wee hours of the morning when I am having an attack of insomnia and it would be useful to be able to help a roomie or owner boost their visitor number and skill speeds by having my sims skill where ever needed. I wonder when this is gonna be enabled, seems like they've been talking about it since the beginning but I've never read why its been delayed. Anybody know?

M

MandiK

I cant wait! I am very eager for that feature, have been for a long time!

G

<blockquote><hr>

is that feature coming out for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's been one of the biggest parts of having us all in one city. I'm betting that they are going to have to get a handle on the lag situatin in EAL before they enable this feature there though, because if the lag is so bad at times that sims can barely move because of the number of sims in the city, imagine what it will be like with up to 8x that number of sims. I don't notice even a fraction that much lag in TC3 though, so I am hoping that they can enable the feature there at least, sometime soon!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Am I the only one eagerly awaiting the feature that allows us to play more than one sim on the same account at a time? It will be alot easier to develop and carry out the game plan I have for my sims when I don't have to do it one sim at a time, especially in the wee hours of the morning when I am having an attack of insomnia and it would be useful to be able to help a roomie or owner boost their visitor number and skill speeds by having my sims skill where ever needed. I wonder when this is gonna be enabled, seems like they've been talking about it since the beginning but I've never read why its been delayed. Anybody know?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is one feature that may never happen. I am not saying that it would not be a good thing to have but it does have it's downfalls as well.
I would love to see it come in for the same reasons you mentioned but I think we would suffer from other things it would produce.
If we are all able to run the mentioned 5 sims at the same time on 1 account then we are all able to make 5 times the simoleans we are now on that 1 account. The effect that would have would be to drop the payouts even further. Maybe even as far as one fifth what they are now.

G

You're not alone, CB! I can not wait for the idea of BV to be brought to actual production.

*squeels*

Multiple Sims ftw!!!

S

Sean Kendrick

Yea, I cant wait to play with multiple sims!

Also, being able to own more than one lot on a sim.

I love EAL

G

To clarify...you will be able to 2 sims from the same account? If so, the lag is going to be worse. If you think about it most ppl have multiple accounts which means that for every player there will be 4 sims playing. So double the number of sims in the city, double the load on the harware and double the lag.

Don't get me wrong it's an awesome idea but had many consequences,

G

I do hope they bring out this feature. For those of us who can only afford one account, it is very restricting to only be able to play one sim at a time. I avoid skilling unless absolutely necessary because I can't bear to just sit and watch those little numbers that hardly seem to move. If I could have another sim doing something more interesting at the same time, it would considerably lessen the pain.

Even if we could only play with one sim in EA Land and one in TC3 at the same time, it would be a massive improvement.

G

I think you can open a free account and play that in TC3, and restricted play in EA Land.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think you can open a free account and play that in TC3, and restricted play in EA Land.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't thought about opening a free account to play in TC3 at the same time, but I might consider that. Thanks for the idea!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I don't know of a single online game that allows a player to have more than one character on one account to be played at one time forcing players to purchase 2nd accounts.

I'm wondering if that's something that EAland should consider to pursue.

To me, I'd rather see EA dollars spent on something that would benefit the community more like advertising. Spending money to allow players to drop all their 'alt' accounts just doesn't seem real smart.

I

imported_Qute Pi

The impression I got when I asked a dev about this in the past was that it's not a for sure thing.
There are work arounds to giving us more freedom with sharing inventories and maybe like a safe box all sims on your 1 account can access, but I don't think they want to let us play more than 1 sim per account...

At the same time I don't think they even know their plan yet in regards to this, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

On top of that I hope they don't take away the ability to play 2 accounts at once..........

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I know they have talked about us being able to play more than one sim at a time. And I know it is possible because we were able to control 4 sims in Betaville.

However, if this feature is going to become active in game, I believe it will have to be different than what we experienced in Betaville or like a previous poster mentioned before, payouts will be lowered even more. One of the first things I noticed in Betaville was how easy it was to accumulate money when you had more than one sim earning "in game currency" at the same time. The only restrictions on these sims were they could not participate in group money objects together, but we had the ability to run 4 sims all at the same time on single user objects.

The top 100 list already needs to be abolished because of the abuse of free accounts. The ability to have more than one active sim in the city will only intensify the manipulation of the top 100 list.

Will we have to link our sims as family members and travel everywhere together?
Will the same restrictions on making simoleans be put on sims logged in at the same time or even be expanded to include single money objects?

There has been little discussion about this feature. I do not believe that playing two sims on one account will have the same benefits of playing two sims on two separate accounts. Nor do I believe they should be the same. There should be some benefit to paying for more than one subscription.

The lag issues we are experiencing due to increased numbers of sims in city during peak play hours will also have to be addressed before any thought of adding more sims to the city at the same time can be considered.

I am not ready to get excited about the prospect of playing more than one sim at a time because I do not feel we are even close to getting this feature in game. There is alot to be done in preparation and new code to be written before this can happen.

G

I am guessing you will be able to run 8 sims off one acct at one time.

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

I know they have talked about us being able to play more than one sim at a time. And I know it is possible because we were able to control 4 sims in Betaville.

However, if this feature is going to become active in game, I believe it will have to be different than what we experienced in Betaville or like a previous poster mentioned before, payouts will be lowered even more. One of the first things I noticed in Betaville was how easy it was to accumulate money when you had more than one sim earning "in game currency" at the same time. The only restrictions on these sims were they could not participate in group money objects together, but we had the ability to run 4 sims all at the same time on single user objects.

The top 100 list already needs to be abolished because of the abuse of free accounts. The ability to have more than one active sim in the city will only intensify the manipulation of the top 100 list.

Will the same restrictions on making simoleans be put on sims logged in at the same time or even be expanded to include single money objects?

There has been little discussion about this feature. I do not believe that playing two sims on one account will have the same benefits of playing two sims on two separate accounts. Nor do I believe they should be the same. There should be some benefit to paying for more than one subscription.

The lag issues we are experiencing due to increased numbers of sims in city during peak play hours will also have to be addressed before any thought of adding more sims to the city at the same time can be considered.

I am not ready to get excited about the prospect of playing more than one sim at a time because I do not feel we are even close to getting this feature in game. There is alot to be done in preparation and new code to be written before this can happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think Luc's boss is telling him to find ways to encourage people to eliminate paying $10 for each of the extra accounts people have.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think Luc's boss is telling him to find ways to encourage people to eliminate paying $10 for each of the extra accounts people have.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...Unless they also are encouraging you to spend that saved $10 on simoleans at the atm...

G

I know of a game that allows it. The ability to run more than one avi at a time would be great. I think it would make it a more level playing field. People could make more loochie. Upgrade more lots and build more houses. The ones not abusing temp accounts would be able to compete with those that do. They would be less bored and more likely to stay. Some of the money people saved on closed second accounts would probably go to the ATM. A lot of ppl with second accts are using trials, so no loss there.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I don't believe there is a rule against saying the names of other online games?

What game is it?

G

I do not believe in advertising other online games. I will PM you with the name.

G

I have been eagerly awaiting the mail feature. At least then you could mail alts items and cash.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have been eagerly awaiting the mail feature. At least then you could mail alts items and cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, transfer of items/cash between sims is one thing that makes me wish that I could have more than one of my sims on at a time right now. As it is I've had to IM owners/roomies and say 'this is an alt sim so she's broke, but I'll brb with my main sim to tip enough to cover my time here'.....at which point alot of owners/roomies probably don't believe that the main sim ever *will* come back
but I always have. I have the advantage of having hubby's account handy so I can give one of his sims money, and then log in my alt and have that sim give the money to the alt, but I feel bad for those who do not have more than one account, and/or do not believe in committing 'free player account abuse' just to have a liason between their sims, especially since you can't roomie all your sims to the same property if you own the property yourself, so each sim cant have their own tip jar on the lot to go get money from when they need it, so I've not found another workaround

*NOIP* The responses haven't been what I expected, I thought more people were excited about the feature, although I do know that the increased lag is a legitimate concern. As far as the economy goes, how would it negatively affect the economy any more to have all 8 (or 6 if you're in TC3) sims earning money at once than it would if the population as a whole had 6-8x as many players, if they were making money at the same time? Even if they put in the stipulation that you could not be making money with any more than 2-4 at once, I'd still be stoked to see it happen, simply because its more of a challenge to run multiple sims than it is to run one, no matter what they are doing, so it's not just about being able to earn 6-8x the amount of in-game money....I'd actually use them more for boosting skill speeds in the skills that are so hard to find steady speeds in (body and mech in TC3 come to mind) than I would to pad my simolean account.