• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Multiple quests

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it better to make multiple quests or a quest at a time?
Thanks

Well, multiple quests allow to reduce the time going back and forth the various fishmongers.
So, it allows to reduce the time needed to complete them.

So I would imagine that it is better to do multiple quests rather than 1 at a time.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it better to make multiple quests or a quest at a time?
Thanks
You just have to make sure that you do not accidentally request a quest from a fishmonger who has given you a quest you have not filled yet. For example, let's say you have a Trinsic quest for x fish to Brittan. Then you go to Skara and obtain a quest to Trinsic. You fill the Skara chest and head to Trinsic. When you turn in the quest from Skara, be sure NOT to accept a new quest from Trinsic until you fill the Brittan order. Else you will lose notoriety points and get moved back on the monger quest progress.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You just have to make sure that you do not accidentally request a quest from a fishmonger who has given you a quest you have not filled yet. For example, let's say you have a Trinsic quest for x fish to Brittan. Then you go to Skara and obtain a quest to Trinsic. You fill the Skara chest and head to Trinsic. When you turn in the quest from Skara, be sure NOT to accept a new quest from Trinsic until you fill the Brittan order. Else you will lose notoriety points and get moved back on the monger quest progress.
I didn't know this either. :( This is one heck of a punitive system.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh? Never heard of this, do it all the time. If you have an unfinished quest from a monger, when you turn in your goods, it just doesn't give you another quest, says you have to finish the one you have. No reputation loss that I've ever seen. You cannot have more than one quest from the same monger.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh? Never heard of this, do it all the time. If you have an unfinished quest from a monger, when you turn in your goods, it just doesn't give you another quest, says you have to finish the one you have. No reputation loss that I've ever seen. You cannot have more than one quest from the same monger.
Exactly, when the fishmonger tells you that you have to finish the one you have, you have just lost notoriety points.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly, when the fishmonger tells you that you have to finish the one you have, you have just lost notoriety points.
I'd like to know where you got this information. I see no loss, no lower numbers, no change in sort of fish, nothing.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt this is true. I have not seen any official statement that backs this up, and this is not what I see in game. Your source for this info ?

Ivory: It is very much up to you I think. I like to have many quests going at once, since I pile up the ones to Papua and deliver them all at once. I have talked to others that like to do one quest at a time.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry if my belief and practice turns out to be imaginary. I have been turning in one quest at a time since January, 2011. Going back to those posts, there was much confusion regarding loyalty. Many people posted that they had changed to single order delivery to avoid reputation loss. At that time I changed to single delivery and never looked back. I progressed well to 120 skill, caught most of the fish, got an oracle and charb baits. Ivory, I am not up to date on the publish changes, and never really investigated the loss issue, so don't put too much stock in my analysis.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... I like to have many quests going at once, since I pile up the ones to Papua and deliver them all at once....
How do you get more than one quest going at once? If I go to any of the fish mongers on any dock other than the one my boat is at, they all tell me to bring my boat... So how do you get around this?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How do you get more than one quest going at once? If I go to any of the fish mongers on any dock other than the one my boat is at, they all tell me to bring my boat... So how do you get around this?
make sure your boat is on the same server as the monger you are talking with

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same server, really? So that "tricks" the mongers into thinking your boat is near them? Are you serious, Storm?

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always have multiple quests going. Im pulling in large 6 line orders and getting legendary fish baits. I finally got a 120 scroll last week with my multi city strategy. I dont notice any point or quest loss.