• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Multiple PCs, transferring settings

Ghosty

Visitor
Hi there,

I'm wanting to install UO enhanced client on my lappy. Is there a way to transfer the screen setup for my toons from my desktop to the laptop? Copying certain files/folders, perhaps?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Look in your "Documents" folder for a folder called "EA Games".

• Inside it, there are folders for each of the clients.
  • In each of those, there is a folder called User Data.
  • In each of those, is a folder for each of the accounts you have ever logged into from the computer.
  • In each of those, there are folders for each shard the account ever logged into from that computer.
  • Lastly, in each of those folders is each character's setting files.
However, doing them piecemeal is rather tedious.

The easy way is to

1. Install the clients you want on the new computer and log in once in each, to create the client folders.
  2. Copy the "User Data" folders from the old computer to the corresponding client folder on the new computer.
This should work for both CC and EC - just don't accidentally put the CC User Data folder in the EC folder, or vice versa.