• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

multiple accts

G

Hey does anyone ever think there will be a day when we can play our sims from the same acct at the same time? Ever since the merges I have 2-3 "favorite" sims on one acct but all in the same city now. Each with their own unique personality and skills which is why I like them equally but for differant reasons. I know they said we will have to pick a "main" sim soon but I'd rather see us be able to play them at the same time either by being able to transfer them to another acct or simply running them in separate windows at the same time. <Stomps feet and pouts> I miss my sims! Whats everyone elses feelings on this?

G

I don't know, would that mean that the #1 money house would only have 3.5 people in it?
If everyone went there with their 8 sims simultaneously, the maximum of 30 avatars on the lot would fill up rather quickly

G

Primary Sim doesn't change any status of your other sims, except they won't be receiving those gifts (Anniversary), and other gifts and stuff.

G

This was mentioned in Town Hall last night. Greg said its on the list but is someway off yet - probably not until the autumn/fall.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

This was mentioned in Town Hall last night. Greg said its on the list but is someway off yet - probably not until the autumn/fall.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Although this is a feature I would really like myself, I think it would be a big mistake for the devs to add this.
For starters, payouts would have to drop to allow for people who would take advantage of being able to play so many sims at once. I know we can already do that with multiple accounts. The difference is multiple accounts have to be paid for.
So not only would the payouts drop to a fraction of what they are now, making it so we all have to play so many sims just to make ends meat. It also would cost EA in lost revenue because who would keep multiple accounts then.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Although this is a feature I would really like myself, I think it would be a big mistake for the devs to add this.
For starters, payouts would have to drop to allow for people who would take advantage of being able to play so many sims at once. I know we can already do that with multiple accounts. The difference is multiple accounts have to be paid for.
So not only would the payouts drop to a fraction of what they are now, making it so we all have to play so many sims just to make ends meat. It also would cost EA in lost revenue because who would keep multiple accounts then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the hope is that what we save on paying for multiple accounts, we can spend on other game features such as the ATM.

Who knows, in the future maybe there will be more revenue creating streams ingame - eg. the ability to pay to advertise your property in a classifieds sections, pay for additional skill locks, skills etc.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the hope is that what we save on paying for multiple accounts, we can spend on other game features such as the ATM.

Who knows, in the future maybe there will be more revenue creating streams ingame - eg. the ability to pay to advertise your property in a classifieds sections, pay for additional skill locks, skills etc.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully you are right. I'm just a little worried that they wont place enough importents on the decision. Like they did with the botting issue before they opened EAL. They really don't seem to have a good grasp on what can happen in this game and have made some really bad decisions. They have some great ideas, but because of some bad decision making, those ideas are being held up considerably.