• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Multi-tile items near entrance bug?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

iam trying to place a 3 tile stone table in the corner of the inner circle of a castle.

I can't place and tables on the tiles with the red "dots". I can toally block the entrance with a stone table, yet the 5 spots in the corner won't take the table. I cant place a table on the second floor either. My old castles on europa have tables on the same spots. This one on siege doesnt allow me any multi tile items there.

The carpets are not a problem, i tried without it.

Any ideas what i can to do place items there? The message i get is:
You can't place the multi-tile addon at the entrance!

I can place single tile addons like goza mats.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sadly, it is not a bug..... it's a feature

some time ago there was some trouble with multi-tile add-ons (something to do with front steps?? dunno, it was never made very clear to us, it was simply changed) and the resolution was to not allow multi-tile items on the southern walls

some time ago I offered a solution, but they've been busy with other things..... of course, the simplest solution would be to simply lift the ban

I rarely axe anything anymore in the castle, cause I don't know if they're gonna sit back down :(

M

Michael Wolf

Can't put anything that takes 2 or more tiles on any tile along that wall. I just decorated my castle from scratch and got very frustrated every time I tried to place any multi tile object in either direction along that wall on all 3 floors. Single tile objects and anything you can walk on/over/through works, but if you can't pass through it, you can't place it.

You also can't place a codex of virtue next to the south walls and you can walk over that.

And to make it worse, this also effects the south walls on the inner building of a castle, not just the actual front wall. So castle owners get it twice.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But why only those 5 tiles? I can place on any other tile at the southern wall, even the entrance can be blocked.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just did a quick test.... there are four tiles directly over the front door that I can target and the tiles just inside the front door, and it works the same with the rear door, just inside and directly above can be targeted.... the only other tile along that line that I found could be targeted was the one directly behind the house sign

how silly is this

Attachments

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there was some problem with garg couches and or dressers and stacking that made things disappear. This was the solution. Who uses garg couches anyway?

Silly and just one of a myriad of disappointments for me since that release.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't actually been in custom mode or really on UO in some time but an idea just popped into my head can you put that there on a different floor? or perhaps above the top floor might be worth a try... and lower it through the floor yes I know its a pain but might work...

other idea if your using stone it wont look as nice but I believe the other direction allows you to target north and part of it goes south of that... you could just use ends again I know its not the best solution but it might help...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can run multi-tile items into those spots, yes, but like you said, looks crappy

is there a way to lower items thru a castle floor? point is moot anyway, you cannot place multi-tile items on ANY southern wall in a castle, with the exception of the tiles mentioned earlier

have not thoroughly tested the eastern walls, the whole thing just make me angry every time I try to research it

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do North-south facing tables you can always place them and axe the end that you don't want. :) Of course, then you'll never be able to remove them without destroying them, but it's better than nothing, right?

I wonder if it'll let you place if you drop two gozas, raise them a few tiles off the floor, and then target one of them for the table placement? I use the goza trick to get multi-tile addons to sit in other tricky places and it works pretty well most of the time! Not sure if it'll work in this instance, but it can't hurt to try.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just did a quick test.... there are four tiles directly over the front door that I can target and the tiles just inside the front door, and it works the same with the rear door, just inside and directly above can be targeted.... the only other tile along that line that I found could be targeted was the one directly behind the house sign

how silly is this
Ummm how is that picture possible? There is no house that matches that Dev.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's the castle in Skara, with circle of transparency turned all the way up..... one table just inside front doors and other table on the floor above