• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moving while invis! Bug? Client lag?

G

Ok i've never noticed this before but can someone explain this?

I have no stealth or hiding and I was mounted the entire time. And, as you know, you can't cast spells in the area in which I am standing. I just went through the gate back to regular Moonglow and noticed I was still invis!

Just thought i'd post it because it seemed.. weird. Hardly imbalancing but still buggy. Result of client lag? Can anyone reproduce this?

I

imported_ParadoxUO

New power for staying so many hours at the event?

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, nothing new. Have always been able to use my jack of all trade skill on my human char to hide (or cast invis with magery). Then you can take 1 step and stay invis'd through a moongate or entrance to a dungeon.

I

imported_blesh

<blockquote><hr>

Nope, nothing new. Have always been able to use my jack of all trade skill on my human char to hide (or cast invis with magery). Then you can take 1 step and stay invis'd through a moongate or entrance to a dungeon.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but he's mounted.... cant stealth on a mount by any means to my knowledge.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure... maybe lag for a second? never seen/heard anything like that. I do notice you can run sometimes in stealth, but only like a few steps before you unhide.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't matter if mounted, you can take 1 step through moongate or dungeon entrance while hidden/invis'd. As for running while hidden, if you have stealth, I believe it's 8 steps you can run before you reveal yourself.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep that's how we kill Saliva in the Blighted Grove...if you stand one tile to the east of the entrance to Saliva's cave, invis then move forward one step, you'll enter invised, mounted or not....dismount, all kill....you're good to go! It's handy.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

if you have stealth, I believe it's 8 steps you can run before you reveal yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]Stealth / 10 running steps, Stealth / 5 walking steps.