• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moving Shot!

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow I just killed someone that was CHASING me.

I was redlined so I took off running in straight line knowing there's nothing he can do to kill me with me down to 30ish hp left and he was stopping to cast small spells that does a laughable 6 dmg to me because I appled. (that noob mage need more sdi and more FC:loser:)

But all I did was hit him once with an AI and he redlined me with his friends!!! so I ran away in straight line with very skillfully, perfectly-timed moving shot toggle while smashing my gheal pot macro and again accurately retoggle moving shot when the moving shot icon is not red anymore... and he died... :loser:

Who says archers only use moving shot to chase people down? Only thing I find that's not fair is the fact that we cant get 1 handed Composite and HXbow which is NOT FAIR. why do we archers have to waste a mod on balanced mod in order to chug? Balanced mod should come free when making composite bow and HXBow like Sammy plates that come with Mage Armor and we should be able to imbue Bleed and Disarm as 3rd hit spell effect since archers is so weak and is the only dexer that cant disarm and bleed their opponents.

Please fix archers and our weapons to make it fair.:bowdown:

S

Sir Kenga

Yes, and hit area actually should hit target, not only surroundings! :)

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, and hit area actually should hit target, not only surroundings! :)
I understand but I don't agree with you.

It will require change of coding.
We dont want to waste too much resources in changing the code when we can just use something that's already in game.
Use the area spells that effects the main target.

My propositions:
Change Hit Physical/Fire/Cold/Poison/Energy area to
Hit Whirwind/Meteor Storm/Hailstorm/Poison Strike/Chain Lighting area and make it affect the main target, problem solved.

This way we use the coding that already exists in game while achieving the very same result.

Btw it's also unfair to cost me 3 mana when I whiff on a moving shot. And moving shot has a whooping -10 hci penalty, this is ridiculous... no other specials in game has a penalty.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I was redlined so I took off running in straight line knowing there's nothing he can do to kill me with me down to 30ish hp left and he was stopping to cast small spells that does a laughable 6 dmg to me because I appled. (that noob mage need more sdi and more FC:loser:)

But all I did was hit him once with an AI and he redlined me with his friends!!! so I ran away in straight line with very skillfully, perfectly-timed moving shot toggle while smashing my gheal pot macro and again accurately retoggle moving shot when the moving shot icon is not red anymore... and he died... :loser:

Who says archers only use moving shot to chase people down? Only thing I find that's not fair is the fact that we cant get 1 handed Composite and HXbow which is NOT FAIR. why do we archers have to waste a mod on balanced mod in order to chug? Balanced mod should come free when making composite bow and HXBow like Sammy plates that come with Mage Armor and we should be able to imbue Bleed and Disarm as 3rd hit spell effect since archers is so weak and is the only dexer that cant disarm and bleed their opponents.

I really do hope this is sarcasm im sensing here. With the mindset of some players, I cant really be sure tho.

A

AtlanteanAngel

Yes WarUltima is being sarcastic.

WarUltima has pvp mage chars and pvp archer chars both, so he's well qualified to critique fairly on pvp balance between mages and archers.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave archers alone, i'm really enjoying my disarm/chase with 60 ssi moving shot heavy xbow. Easy kills innit.

:p

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you really need to start another thread...?
What do you mean start another thread? A lot of noob people all wanted archers nerfed, I think archers are balanced a bit "weaker" than everyone else tho. So I wish to get archer fixed. And make PvP a bit more fair for archers. (rightnow archers are the weakest link in PvP, I own people because I am very skillful in timing specials over and over and over while I am running away which is what player skill is all about. All mage have to do is spam spells like a mindless zombie I have to TIME the specials...

Look this is it...

I am the archer on the green SL horse (got covered up by that dexer trying to disarm me). 6 of them, 2 guilds holding hands trying to get me dismounted/disarmed so they can gank me. I hit Trinity (according to Trinity, hes experenced 12-yr mage player thats very very famous and well known for his "skill") and they all almost killed me so I took of running with 6 of them on my tail and killed Trinity with perfectly timed moving shot.

It's a sense of accomplishment. Killing a ultra hyper skilled mage player 1 v 6 on a full run is exciting. Again I dont understand what you mean by "starting another thread". :blushing:

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL..UO's greatest whiner and spinner of trash is at it again. Folks, don't ever believe anything this person says. Check out Sonoma's PvP thread, if you want to waste the time to know why you never believe anything this kid spouts.

He got a lucky kill shot 1 out of the hundred times he was napped and has posted this pic at least a dozen times...LAWLS!!!! The others on the screen actually dismounted and did the damage..this loser just got the kill shot. No one there is allied, the dead guy was getting ganked and this loser cruises through. He was dead shortly after. Just another attempt to try to make you think what he wants. It's a lie and all agenda based.

Don't get sucked in, because he sucks enough.

Caught lying again WU..good job there son.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL..UO's greatest whiner and spinner of trash is at it again. Folks, don't ever believe anything this person says. Check out Sonoma's PvP thread, if you want to waste the time to know why you never believe anything this kid spouts.

He got a lucky kill shot 1 out of the hundred times he was napped and has posted this pic at least a dozen times...LAWLS!!!! The others on the screen actually dismounted and did the damage..this loser just got the kill shot. No one there is allied, the dead guy was getting ganked and this loser cruises through. He was dead shortly after. Just another attempt to try to make you think what he wants. It's a lie and all agenda based.

Don't get sucked in, because he sucks enough.

Caught lying again WU..good job there son.
What are you 60? Did you pop out 300 million kids? If not...please stop referring to everyone as son...

Thanks...

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LOL. I hope you're being sarcastic.

S

Splup

Nothing gonna be done to archers prolly... And it's sad.

I have 14 days left of gametime, dunno if I will buy more when it runs out. I'd love to play Ultima Online, but not willing to pay for Archers Online.

Screenie my friend took and is attached to this post says enough.

I could just play my own archer, or I could just keep trapping with fields places like Despice dropin or starroom with my mages. Or just make parrytamer to try counter them. But what's the point? It's still boring. Fighting against archergroups is just freaking boring and frustrating. Hit hit run run moving shot moving shot oo ou I'm 50 % hp run till bandies kick in, run back hit hit moving shot, ohh mage is getting some spells off run run bandies run back hit hit. Thou usually with these hit fireball weapons mages don't get many spells off before their dead, or atleast gotta just keep defending to stay alive, since mages can't defend and attack at the same time like archers.

With imbued armor, 60 SSI 180 stamina huge manapool, dbl hit spell weapons, 3 sek bandies... State of PvP is just ridiculous at the moment.

Why would I go fighting against all these archers? No matter what I do it's just not fun, and I play games for fun, not for kills, points or efame etc. for Fun.

Attachments

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have 14 days left of gametime, dunno if I will buy more when it runs out. I'd love to play Ultima Online, but not willing to pay for Archers Online.

I could just play my own archer, or I could just keep trapping with fields places like Despice dropin or starroom with my mages. Or just make parrytamer to try counter them. But what's the point? It's still boring. Fighting against archergroups is just freaking boring and frustrating. Hit hit run run moving shot moving shot oo ou I'm 50 % hp run till bandies kick in, run back hit hit moving shot, ohh mage is getting some spells off run run bandies run back hit hit. Thou usually with these hit fireball weapons mages don't get many spells off before their dead, or atleast gotta just keep defending to stay alive, since mages can't defend and attack at the same time like archers.

With imbued armor, 60 SSI 180 stamina huge manapool, dbl hit spell weapons, 3 sek bandies... State of PvP is just ridiculous at the moment.

Why would I go fighting against all these archers? No matter what I do it's just not fun, and I play games for fun, not for kills, points or efame etc. for Fun.
Hey man dont leave, just go do something else in the mean time, im sure it will all get sorted out in the end. Europa cant afford you to leave :(

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. I hope you're being sarcastic.
Hehe, well I enjoy my PvP archers as well as my mages.
People on my shard isnt happy about me switching from mage to Archer.
And they whined and cried about how I can only kill them on my archer even tho I have PvPed on a mage for 11 years and archers for 3 months. (they are so "good" to die to 3mo old archer player)

Just want to show and most common things that happen in fel on daily basis. If I had to stop and cast even just a mini heal there I would have been dismounted ganked by all 6 of them. But as an archer I am running in full speed (even tho the dexer seem to run some hack to keep up with me) just outside the dismount archer's range I killed a self-claimed very famous very professional PvP mage which is pretty obvious that archer has certain advantages or that mage flat out suck balls with all those people on me at one time.

Btw I can post any legit screenshots anytime I want to support my arguments. I have yet to see anyone in my enemy guild posting anything since you know how those people's clients look "funky". I dont have to lie because I am apperently the only one that's not afraid to expose what my client looks like. The liars cant post anything but making up stories. Dont argue with the hard actual evidence.

I will end the sarcasm here, I believe people who really care about balance already get the points I am trying to make. And for those people that say no one would want to decrease their own characters' efficiency... I do PvP on archer mainly now thanks to Imbuing skill and how healing/attacking/moving shot works without me having to stop for even 0.25 second rocks in UO PvP.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

the best thing about that SS is the group of people there. people have complained about these SX for years yet EA always refuses to remove them from play.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is me playing PvPing on an archer for the first time ever which was on guildie's account. Mind you, that the person I killed is a bushparrytamer with some speed enhancements...

Attachments

D

Death Adder

Leave archers alone, i'm really enjoying my disarm/chase with 60 ssi moving shot heavy xbow. Easy kills innit.
I'm an old vet making a comeback, and I'm curious how you achieve these stats. Is it easy to hit 60 ssi now? Wouldn't you need assassin's armor for that?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm an old vet making a comeback, and I'm curious how you achieve these stats. Is it easy to hit 60 ssi now? Wouldn't you need assassin's armor for that?
two ways...one legal one not.

legal way would be to get 8 stam on 4-5 of your peices...when combined with EP jewels you can get to 160+ stam with no issues.

the other not so legal way I am hoping will be fixed soon.

OH...edit...to expand further...the 60 ssi is attainable with a 50ssi wep (invasion event item...quite a few around...) and a daimyo's helm (minor tok item with 10ssi...can also be imbued with 8 stam inc)

Nope...things are so stupid (easy...exploited...********...ect) there is absolutely no need for the assassin suit beyond display purposes. *frowns*

S

Splup

Daimyis helmet with 10 SSI can be imbued now, so it's a decent armor. You can get 40 SSI on any weapon, including these double hitspell weapons.

Then there's 2 ways to get the last 10 SSI. Either get a ring and brace with 5 SSI, or just cast divine fury.

Edit: and about stats. with 50 EP you only need 119 dex to get 150 dex. Then add +8 stamina sleeves, legs, gloves and gorget = 150+8+8+8+8=182 stamina. Or tunic instead of legs or some part how you like.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without any piece of Assassian armor it's still possible for archers to achieve 60ssi even without casting divine fury. Those pesky 50ssi heavy/crossbow and regular invasion bows are now imbuable. Daimiyo's helm provides 10ssi which is now a decent armor to have now if you can afford imbue your entire suit like me (it's not that expensive). and 5ssi ring just add more salt to the insult.

With a GM made bow it's possible to achieve 40ssi(wep) + 10ssi (helm) + 5ssi (ring). Which come out 55ssi. Divine Fury gives 10 put you over the cap. So realistically all you need is 40ssi weapon and 10ssi helm to achieve cap swing speed if you have about 65 in chiv which isnt hard to achieve at all.

Imbuing made god-like dexer suit possible and dual proc bows are dirt cheap now. However at the same time imbuing didnt help out casters as much. If you perfer dexer I suggest you play an archer or you can go real low and play the infamous dismount all kill archer, if you want to play mages and dont want to become auto moving shot bait you need to fit 80dex and 120 parry on your mage and pick up wrestling (due to disarm moving shot ganking archer crew that's oh-so popular now). Yes the ony way for you to survive from archer ganks as a mage is go parry/wres and yes that means you will have the lowest burst dmg in the entire UO and YES you will not be able to kill ANY dexers you are playing that template to be a healer and run away... go figure.

Makaveli

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just play a parry scribe mage then??? and btw 60 ssi is fine to have :) :D

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Splup talks nothing but sense, this game is near over, i think the only way to get through to the devs is to vote with our feet and end that subscription, albeit temporarily if they change things. DEVS GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEADS, WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS AN ARCHER.

D

Death Adder

Imbuing made god-like dexer suit possible and dual proc bows are dirt cheap now. However at the same time imbuing didnt help out casters as much. If you perfer dexer I suggest you play an archer or you can go real low and play the infamous dismount all kill archer, if you want to play mages and dont want to become auto moving shot bait you need to fit 80dex and 120 parry on your mage and pick up wrestling (due to disarm moving shot ganking archer crew that's oh-so popular now). Yes the ony way for you to survive from archer ganks as a mage is go parry/wres and yes that means you will have the lowest burst dmg in the entire UO and YES you will not be able to kill ANY dexers you are playing that template to be a healer and run away... go figure.
Ah, I see. Imbuing seems to really help... I'll try to imbue my current suit (from a couple years ago, was very good then) and see what I can do. I do prefer dexxers when I solo PvP, which is my usual format, so I'm glad to hear they got a little boost.

D

Death Adder

Do people actually use an imbued daimyo's helm? I seem to see only faction M&S and Folded Steel Glasses on dexxers, in my limited contact with them.

The new faction items are sick, btw. If imbuing is as good as you say, plus these faction RBC's, Fey Leggings, Stormgrips, etc. I can see dexxers having maxxed out stats all over the place.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so I'm glad to hear they got a little boost.
Hmm not a little... but yea... Even the most formidable mages in the old days have one or several archers now.

I can post a screenshot if you dont believe me but here's my stat on one of my archers after potting up.

133 hp
173 stam
121 mana

And this is not even maxed out. I believe other people in my guild have better stats. I am using RBC and Stormgrips. This means if I want to ditch stormgrip gloves I can go 181 stam.

Other than that I run 50EP 45hci and 45dci with quiver of infinity. 80DI not counting my weapon... so go figure.

Edit: Also there will be some sacrifice needed to be made to use 10ssi helm but you dont "need" to have it in your suit to achieve 1.5s per shot for composite bow. You only need it to push your Yumi/HXbow speed up one tick or you cannot divine fury on your template. There are also 50ssi HXbow/Bow/Crossbow exist from last invasion that were made imbuable.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get what you are saying but seriously though, I hope they buff mages instead of nerfing archers.

Just don't know how it can best be done.

Was thinking of a "moving cast" special (or limited duration buff spell, or as a straight bonus ability for having 120 wrestling) for mages.

But if this is done, a miss chance for spells casted while moving will need to be added.

Or maybe remove/increase the FC cap.

But not sure how either of the above will throw everything else out of whack. Since now we'll need to consider non archer melee dexxers.

Otherwise, it'll become mages online again.

Any thoughts?

P

Pain_

Hmm not a little... but yea... Even the most formidable mages in the old days have one or several archers now.

I can post a screenshot if you dont believe me but here's my stat on one of my archers after potting up.

133 hp
173 stam
121 mana

And this is not even maxed out. I believe other people in my guild have better stats. I am using RBC and Stormgrips. This means if I want to ditch stormgrip gloves I can go 181 stam.

Other than that I run 50EP 45hci and 45dci with quiver of infinity. 80DI not counting my weapon... so go figure.

Edit: Also there will be some sacrifice needed to be made to use 10ssi helm but you dont "need" to have it in your suit to achieve 1.5s per shot for composite bow. You only need it to push your Yumi/HXbow speed up one tick or you cannot divine fury on your template. There are also 50ssi HXbow/Bow/Crossbow exist from last invasion that were made imbuable.
all ur res is 70 ??? if yes, how ??? ur suit runic made or imbue ?

D

Death Adder

133 hp
173 stam
121 mana

I believe you without the screenshot... my current mostly 2-year old non-imbued armor is nearly as good. I've already bought an imbued ecru ring and SSI ring, and have faction RBC and Fey Legs, so I have Corpse-proof all-70's with 40 HCI, 58 DCI, 45 DI, MR 9, LMC 36, and potted up stats of 150 hp, 157 stam, and 61 mana. Your armor seems definitely superior but not so much that I'd doubt you.

I didn't know about the existence of 50 ssi bows... I'd love to get my hands on one. I have a very good xbow/composite combo but each only has 30 ssi. I do use Divine Fury on my temp so I can get to 2.0 ss with the xbow (using my 5 ssi ring) but obviously I'd love to get closer to the SSI cap and get to 1.75 ss. I prefer the xbow as I think the concussion/mortal is an excellent combo for a solo PvPer to kill with (as well as the DP from my shuriken/darts), with the composite for runners. I don't like to dismount, as I think that's kind of cheap, unless I get dismounted first.

How accessible is imbuing? Easy to work up? Plenty of honest imbuers who won't take my uber items? Speaking of imbuing, how good could I make my prized dexxer bracelet (w/ 15 HCI, 13 DCI, 25 DI, FCR 2 and 14 phys)? How good could I make my bows (composite: 30 SSI, 50 Lightning, 34 HLA, Balanced, 40 DI; xbow: 30 SSI, 34 Fireball, Balanced, 18 HCI, 40 DI)? I'd love to switch some mods around, if possible.

Thanks a ton for the help, especially you War Ultima. From what I've seen of your posts we have a similar attitude when it comes to PvP.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They just made imbuing easier to train. I 120ed imbuing a week after SA release (that's when imbuing was harder to raise) and it only took me about 12 hours total "by hand" (legit no 3rd party **** involved btw). I cant tell you how it's like to raise imbuing now as they changed it last patch... but supposedly it got cheaper and easier.

You will be better off craft your weapons and armors out of plain GM made items to get the best out of it.
Composite Bow depending on your need (for example I dont need any HCI/DCI/HLD and only need 20DI to cap me out). My composite bow is imbued as the following.

Balanced
40 SSI
50 hit fireball
14 Hit Velocity
20 DI

but I also have many other bows setup differently.

Typical dexer bracelet will be
15 Hci (130)
15 Dci (110)
25 Di (100)
25 ep (100)
+5th mod at 60 intensity

Yes a lot of old god-like items arent as godlike due to imbuing.

It will be the best for you to read up on how imbuing works especially in regards to PvP. Most useful mods are weighted heavier then regular less useful mods but not always.

If you prefer to play a dexer in PvP you are going to appreciate imbuing, if you are an archer then you will be in love with it.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all ur res is 70 ??? if yes, how ??? ur suit runic made or imbue ?
Yes I am all 70 corpse proof in fire(the important part anyways), with combination of faction artifacts + 1 piece val hammered piece + 2 imbued leather pieces.