• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moving From Great Lakes to Europa...

E

Evlar

Having spent all but a small portion of my UO time at Great Lakes, I've finally decided to move all my characters over to Europa. Since my move from the UK to Spain a few years back, rural Spanish internet availability not being the greatest, my gaming is impacted sufficiently to necessitate the shard move. It became impossible to enjoy PvP and much of the decent PvM or EM events, due to the harsh lag.

So, with my 3G internet, I embark on adventures new in Europa with my seven veteran characters. :thumbup:
Having wandered around the lands with a newbie char, to see how I perform, I'm for the most part, lag free.

As for myself, I'm not so heavily into RP, but I don't mind giving it a whirl. I'm more into a mixture of group hunts with friends, a dash of faction PvP, with a good slice of crafting thrown it.

I'm all for interaction with the "community". You'll see two of my alts, Evlar and Anvilar featured quite often on the Great Lakes boards. I like to get involved in player-run events, having some fun and laughs along the way.

So, any info would be helpful, along with any guild suggestions that I might look into. I'll also be looking for a new house once I give my GL one to one of my friends over there. Preference as always is an 18x18 custom, near(ish) to a town in Tram, Tokuno or Ter Mur, or any other interesting locations. So I'm all ears if anyone knows any for sale, or free spaces to place.

Evlar / Anvilar / Chezzy / Aglar Sereg / IKEA / Rag Bone / Juan Kerr

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Europa :) I joined the guild SAOR perhaps 2 months ago now and they do a wide selection of PvP, PvM and recently the EM Events, They also have a guild shop for crafters so I highly recommend SAOR!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to the shard. You certainly picked the one with the best people :)

Thanks Mapper :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You'll see two of my alts,
ALTS!!!!!

get back you WOW shamer!!!!!!
.Welcome to Europa:)

if oyu need a house spot gimme a buzz icq 276 556 697 i should be able to show you some sites

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Europa - As well as the normal guilds our 2 EMs are pretty active and regularly hold small events (some not so small either) usually at 8pm GMT prior notice is often found on this board.

Info is also on their own site which is-

http://europa.uoem.net/

Welcome once again and enjoy.

R

RichDC

I wish you would have told me...i need some stuff brought over from GL...guess ill have to fork out a transfer token :(

E

Evlar

Thanks for the responses everyone :)

Just going through the process of the one every 24 hours character transfer thing still. 2 down, 5 to go ;)

Mapper & Cailleach - Thanks for the heads up on SAOR. I'll certainly check them out.

jack flash uk - Thanks for the offer of help with housing. Will most certainly be appreciated, as I'm shifting lots of stuff over with me lol.

Bobar & AzSel - Thanks for the info on EM activities and RP. Europa EM's sound great and by far more active than Great Lakes it seems. Having read through some of the EM threads, looks like they do much more than the standard storyline things I've seen on Great Lakes.

Although not heavily into RP, I'll certainly give it a go. On GL I had some fun forming an Orc and "humie" partnership. Two former PvP foes who settled old scores, respected each other's valour and paired up to hunt, entertaining those around us with our Urk vs. Humie bickering. He certainly didn't like me measuring his head for a trophy head deed though, that's for sure ;)

So, once all this transfer business is done, hope to see you all in-game!

E

Evlar

Have been having a browse around some of the vendors in Luna. It's amazing some of the differences in prices between Europa and Great Lakes.

On the one hand, prices for various imbuing ingredients and gems are much cheaper here, which is fantastic for my artificer. Seems the same way with many other crafters resources too. Much better for my full selection of crafters when they're in need of something they don't have :)

Some artifacts, tokens, rares and deco items though, are more than double the price of Great Lakes... so I'll definately be packing all those nice items I've collected over the years ;)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there :) Welcome to Europa!

I am Escaflowne, GM of Vesper [-V-] Roleplaying Guild here on Europa. If you do ever decide to get into RP here on Europa check us out! Visit our forums here for more information:

http://www.uoforums.com/vesper-v/

Or ICQ me on 136-016-357.

Here is a little description of our concept:

"Vesper, a morally neutral, shady port city filled with back alleys, waterways and trade. But with trade comes the lust for profit and with this lust comes corruption and crime. The city is a haven for many criminals and pirates, in which they may walk free from the strict laws of the Kingdom, find freedom and escape nobility which is a rare sight in Vesper. With few good and straight people, the hardened army fights to keep order and peace within the city. Many different types of people from a variety of cultures and races call Vesper their home not just for the fact that it’s a Free Republic built on the principles of freedom, fairness and family; but also for the fact that it’s the city of industry with the latest of everything and one of the major ports in the lands in which hundreds of people sail in and out of daily. The city is also known for its magical side, providing grand facilities for it’s the many mages. These magi are free from forceful religions and being burnt as wytches, as in Vesper you are free to belief in what you wish.

Vespers freedom was defined by its rebellion from the Kingdom, and the wars fought to maintain their independence. As time has rolled on since the liberation of Vesper, they seem to increasingly lean toward the teachings of Lord Blackthorne and his virtue of chaos which defends people’s individuality and freedom of belief.
Over the years Vesper has also seen the rise of the Church of Saint Greenie in its culture. This church is the symbol of the legendary ostard Greenie who represents the virtues of Sacrifice and Valor."

E

Evlar

I wish you would have told me...i need some stuff brought over from GL...guess ill have to fork out a transfer token :(
Rich... I still have several characters to move over yet (can only do one every 24 hours...), with the bulk of my own (most important) stuff being moved with the first few. Drop me a PM (or ICQ 550 932 722) and we'll meet up in GL. Probably will be characters I transfer over at the weekend if that's ok with you.

Escaflowne - Looks interesting and I may have just the character for your guild. Once I settle in, I'll be sure to look you up...

These two are now at Europa, with the rest to follow shortly.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hel Elvar, Are you the guy i was talking to the other day in Luna bank? If so welcome to Europa :) (I was Sinister, or Elffin or Bartman... i think)

If not welcome to Europa anyway.

CD is Quite an active guild and were always looking for new members either Experianced or Newbies.

Good luck with your travels around Europa, If you need anything, give us a shout and will help out if we can :)

Elf. ICQ 76844852.

E

Evlar

Hel Elvar, Are you the guy i was talking to the other day in Luna bank?.
Yes it was :)

Looking forward to going out hunting today, as possibly my favourite character Anvilar, is now here.

Going to find my feet a little first while I transfer the remainder of my characters over. See what's different and unique about Europa that I should know about.

I even went to one of this shards auctions last night at Europa Auction & Events. I must say, it was one of the most polite, well organised and well behaved auction rooms I've been to in UO. Credit to everyone who took part. Have been involved in auctions on Great Lakes myself and know it takes a lot of effort. Unfortunately, we used to get some spammers and idiots, which meant we always needed "security" to boot them from the auction house.

It was interesting to see what was getting the bidders interest and what wasn't. On the whole though, compared to my early vendor explorations, seems like most of the winning bidders grabbed some good bargains.