• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moving crate - why?

U

unified

What determines what goes into the moving crate when customizing a house? It is extremely frustrating that everytime I customize a house, I have to lock down soul stones AGAIN, and sometimes other items as well, especially lamps I've created with delicate care. :bored:

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure there is a rule of thumb ,but I would keep soulstones in the bank .

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know exactly how its determined..
But I've noticed deeded items that don't have to be removed tend to be redeeded.
Any plants in the area you're redoing goto the moving crate.
And basically any item in the area you're changing that aren't raised to full height.

I'm sure there's a more detailed and correct description to exactly what happens then this, but It's the best I have =/

U

unified

Thanks for the replies. Seems I'll just have to live with the inconvenience. :(

Shards are down right now, so I can't test it, but I did not know that you can use soulstones from your bankbox. If you can't, then keeping them there would be a waste because you'd still have to take it to your house and lock it down to use it.

Edit : Even if you can use them from the bankbox, only the bankbox owner can use it, and then you'd still have to carry it to your house and lock it down for another character to use it. :cursing:

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I can't get super specific but as a general rule if you have locked down items on top of walls and actually lowered into the wall they will go in the crate.
Flower beds if you raise them well above the low walls first they will be fine.. many times things that are occupying the space other things are occupying will crate themselves. Choped deeded items that aren't locked down sometime during the day your customizing will be destroyed as a general rule anything also if you have tiles like water and you have things floating on them if u don't raise the items first a good 4-5 times they will be crated because they can't technically be there...

any deco that took u time and effort to put somewhere as a general rule is in danger if u don't make sure its floating above where ever u took the time to put it.