• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moving Amnesty Devs?

• Thread starter imported_DutchAmerica
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_DutchAmerica

In an attempt to get players to spread out to other maps, how about between now and the 'amnesty' date lowering or eliminating the 'move fee' for moving lots?

Better yet, allow us to move free of cost to any lost of equal or lesser value than the one being moved?

Just from now until the cut off day for amnesty? or maybe for 2 weeks from the amnesty date forward?

What do ya say about giving homeowners a little break?

I

imported_Danny Dots

I personally think this is a great idea!

I would love to live outside of EA Land, I much rather live in one of the production cities, but with costs so high, its going to take a while.

G

I don't understand what you are saying. I started playing the game again right after the BF merge. I thought I lived in EA land. I didn't think there was a BF anymore. Or an AV or any other production city for that matter. Can you tell me what I am missing?

G

Great idea, for sure. I would definitely move a property or 2 if this was implemented. I've always loved the Dragons Cove map, and would once again like to live there

G

Would love to see this, Charvatia is way too crowded, I'd prefer to live somewhere out in the sticks, but it's much too expensive to move atm. I'd be quite happy if they even reinstated the original lot reimbursement on your existing patch.

S

Sativa L

Wonderful idea. I bought a fourth DG lot I didn't really need, just to be part of a neighbourhood. Meanwhile I had 2 or 3 lots spread over the map that could have moved there. Oh well, everyone needs a size 1 unused lot

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

I don't understand what you are saying. I started playing the game again right after the BF merge. I thought I lived in EA land. I didn't think there was a BF anymore. Or an AV or any other production city for that matter. Can you tell me what I am missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shes talking about actual properties, like when someone sees an avaliable grass lot on the waters edge on the map she would like to have the fee of having to pay the 50k or whatever amount waved or at least reduced until amnesty hits. At least I think this is what she means lol-feel free to correct me anyone.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Yep, pretty much what I mean.

Say I have a really nice 2 sided water lot in BF worth $70k.

It would be great to move it to another lot that is worth $70 or less without having to pay extra to move it.

I realize that the devs probably wouldn't do this on a permanent basis but just for a short time to help us get spread out.

G

Currently there is a fee of 2,000 simoleans to move your house. You forfeit your existing lot and pay full price for the one you move to.
She wants reimbursed for her existing lot and the 2k fee waived. Back to how it used to be.
It would be nice, but I do not think it will happen. The devs just fixed the pop up on that.
From the blog:
<blockquote><hr>

EA-Land and Test Center 3 Update
Posted in Update by Greg on the March 26th, 2008
Test Center 3 - 2.1667.0.0
System: Added ability to disable CC update for everyone
Custom Content: fixes for user created content showing in build/buy mode
Custom Content: Added 2 skinable rugs 1×3 and 2×3
User Interface: Primary avatar selection
<font color="blue">User Interface: update lot sell back dialog to indicate no refund </font>
Build Mode: added ability to pick up objects that are out of bounds

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. What difference does it make which 'grid' on the map a person lives? It all encompasses EA Land now, and anybdy can visit anywhere so there's no reason a person should want or have to live in a certain 'grid'. Even if you're in the AV grid you can still associate and play with all your friends from the CC grid which was the whole point of merging everybody together. It sounds like some are still striving for segregation and separation and that's counterproductive to the whole goal, I think.

ETA: The moving fees are money drains. Asking EA to waive until amnesty is asking them to eliminate a drain and if they do that the chances of payouts ever returning to normal are cut down even more. Again, counterproductive to our primary goal.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

It's not striving for anything more than wishing all my houses could be together in one area of the map.

Nothing more, nothing less.
No conspiracy theory.

I spent many years playing in Mount Fuji and it's my home. I would like to bring the homes I created in AV, BF and DG to Mount Fuji. (Which I am doing slowly.)
I have been able to fund the move of 2 of my houses and am working on funds to move another one soon.

I'm not saying that the devs should 'refund' the difference in cost either. It just seems very expensive to have to pay over $14k to move a house to a similar or less valuable lot. Just be able to move it to a lot similar or lesser value without even having a refund. Just have a week or two just be able to 'move' our lots to our 'home' areas.

But believe me, whether or not they grant this type of thing, I will eventually have all my lots together sooner or later. I'll just have to lock myself up in my house with 5 of my sims and do some money making.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But believe me, whether or not they grant this type of thing, I will eventually have all my lots together sooner or later. I'll just have to lock myself up in my house with 5 of my sims and do some money making.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hubby started building his pizza leading abilities last night on a lot that he built, but didn't wanna deal with the IMs from people incinuating he was botting, so screw it, he just left the door open. When I saw that I figured he'd get lots of landers *investigating* what was going on. Amazingly, he only had one all evening. The guy stayed long enough to green everything but hunger (there was no food out since he'd already greened the pizza team) and only said "OMG" and left. He didn't get a CSR popup, so we assume the guy was satisfied he wasn't botting and didn't report him. It *appears* that not locking the door cuts down on the suspicion factor for others, but time will tell. We're working on trying to buy a code machine for that lot and when we get it and I go to play my code team on it, I don't plan to lock the door unless things change and we get alot of harrassers.....but so far, so good.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

My sims tend to have lots of convo's going so not many bother us through im's.

**yes, my alts talk to each other. Don't yours? LOL

I

imported_SimTripps

omg let people be suspicious, because I'm so fed up with them lol... I'm not going to be manipulated into opening my doors to some 'bot-police-wannabe Peeping Tom' out of fear of them accusing me of being a pizza bot user lol.... If they cannot grasp the concept that certain players prefer to play solitarily, and are not botting, then screw 'em. Let them think what they want - because upon investigation, 9 times out of 10 it will be found that indeed the solitary player is innocent...

G

<blockquote><hr>

My sims tend to have lots of convo's going so not many bother us through im's.

**yes, my alts talk to each other. Don't yours? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO as a matter of fact hubby did send the ingredients of the alt sims to the one that he designated the 'caller' using that sim to match up the ingredients easier, but that's another reason he opened the door, because of the many people who think that 'blocking' IMs by having 3 convos up on purpose is another sign of cheating. The way he did it, anybody could walk in and look at the time it was taking for ingredients to be entered and see that a bot would have done it ALOT quicker and made alot more money, even though the money actually wasn't bad....he was getting 52 simoleans for large stars, and a 4 simolean skill bonus for a 55 out of 80 point team. He did it mostly though so he could feel comfortable leading others. Both of us have alot of respect for good callers so we hate to lead others right now knowing that we'd be slow at it and drag their pay down.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

In an attempt to get players to spread out to other maps, how about between now and the 'amnesty' date lowering or eliminating the 'move fee' for moving lots?

Better yet, allow us to move free of cost to any lost of equal or lesser value than the one being moved?

Just from now until the cut off day for amnesty? or maybe for 2 weeks from the amnesty date forward?

What do ya say about giving homeowners a little break?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a great idea, Dutch! I just moved a bunch of sims out of EA and into ol' BF - the properties are actually fairly reasonable there price-wise..