• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mouse Wheel - up/down macro?

G

I posted in tech with no response...since I'm new...

I used UOAssist to set my mouse scroll up and down to target self and target last.

My problem is that after i use up or down (it works fine) I have to click the the UO interface once to make it active again.

So, lets say I cast a spell using Last target (scroll my wheel down) now I want to drag a players health bar. I first have to click the screen, then I can drag the bar. The first "drag" only reactivates the UO client. Even in full screen mode i have this issue.

Is there a windows setting? a work around, another program to use to link mousewheel to macros? can it be done in UO?

G

GragusMortal

Sounds like your mouse has an external setup for the mouse wheel. I use the same setup for my target self/last target and never have this problem. If you are using a mouse that has a mouse button task program you had to install when you bought the mouse (Most logitechs have them), may want to check it to make sure nothing is assigned to those keys in the setup menu.

G

After two weeks of targeting issues, this is what i found.

First, it is related to the mouse scroll function. The problem was: IN UOassist, i had the box checked for send to UO. All my other macros have this clicked, so i just did it. The problem seems to be, UO wont let you set mouse wheel as a key so this was causing some sort of problem.

Simply unchecking that and its working fine.

G

You did right by posting in Tech, exept that place has few "customers"!

Glad you figured it out and if you don't mind, the revamped UOA stuff will get this added to it.