• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Mouse Position Offset

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've seen reports in various threads that some players mouse position is off by a given amount in windowed mode. Since we can't reproduce it here at the studio we need your help to get information on it.

1. Is it still happening?
2. Does it affect highlighting/interacting with objects in the game world?
3. Does it affect the User Interface?
4. What is your desktop resolution?
5. How large is the game window compared to your desktop?
6. Does the amount that its off by change based on window position
7. Does turning off the title bar fix it? (Show Frame option in Graphics tab)
8. Are you running any background applications that could be messing with your mouse position? (like Synergy, OS Emulation)
9. Are you using multiple monitors?

Please only reply to this thread if you are affected by this bug.

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure it still happening.

Sure it still happening. Also on 2D container mode i can't drag even bank check ..... no kidding....

I don't know what are you talking about.

1600x1200

Max Window

I don't know bout it.

No reason to turning off the title bar. Just fix the essensial problem.

8. Are you running any background applications that could be messing with your mouse position? (like Synergy, OS Emulation)
No clue. at least I am running 5maybe 6 applications.

yes I do.

I give you a Picture.

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I give you additional Picture.

By the way what a crappy graphics. You never fix them? orz

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Is it still happening? Yes

2. Does it affect highlighting/interacting with objects in the game world? Yes

3. Does it affect the User Interface? ?

4. What is your desktop resolution? 1280x1024
5. How large is the game window compared to your desktop? Max window size
6. Does the amount that its off by change based on window position? I'm not sure.
7. Does turning off the title bar fix it? (Show Frame option in Graphics tab) I have tried this.
8. Are you running any background applications that could be messing with your mouse position? (like Synergy, OS Emulation) No

9. Are you using multiple monitors?No

This is especially bad in the legacy container option. Takes me 3 or 4 tries to pick up stuff or move it this way. Doesn't happen in grid view.

Sort of happens the way previous poster mentions for deco and items, but it's really the legacy container view that is the worst.

Also, legacy containers are very dark. I have brightness all the way up and still very dark and hard to distinguish items.

J

Jermosh

I think that was something that was in KR as well, I just dealt with it. This is why I am not seeing a bug maybe?

L

Lord Patapon

Hey Supreem !

I had this bug till the beginning, and it's still not gone (although IanJames is right about the legacy containers; grid is fine, but in legacy style, it's frequently a pain to grab items.)

3. Does it affect the User Interface? No, never saw that.
4. What is your desktop resolution? 1600*1050
5. How large is the game window compared to your desktop? Max
6. Does the amount that its off by change based on window position Don't think so
7. Does turning off the title bar fix it? (Show Frame option in Graphics tab) Tried that, too.
8. Are you running any background applications that could be messing with your mouse position? (like Synergy, OS Emulation) Nope !
9. Are you using multiple monitors? If only I could :p but no.

It seems to be way better in fullscreen mode, but ICQ/MSN and such are important for me, so I rarely play that way.

Please only reply to this thread if you are affected by this bug.

edit: I've noticed that when the client launches, after the patching is done, it will never put itself to max resolution, I have to maximise it (the window title is not close to the top of my screen; although, even leaving it like it is instead of maximizing doesn't help, either.)

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of you are actually referring to a different bug. Which is that picking up items in legacy containers is sometimes difficult. We've fixed that one and will be going out with the next patch.

The bug we are referring to only occurs to some people in windowed mode (not fullscreen). The game thinks the mouse cursor is in a slightly different position than it really is. We still haven't been able to get to the bottom of this one.

You will know you are a victim of this bug if: You are in windowed mode, and a hotbar item does not always highlight when your mouse is over it. Or the skills button on the menu bar is hard to click. We know this particular bug is affecting the UI. But we need to know if it is also affecting selecting and mousing over objects and mobiles in the world. We also need to know if window size and position affects it. And we need to know if turning off the show frame option in the settings fixes it. This is the information that will help us track this thing down and get it fixed.

C

Connor_Graham

3. Does it affect the User Interface? The map, yes. Hotbars, no.

4. What is your desktop resolution? 1280 x 1024

5. How large is the game window compared to your desktop? Window takes up about 2/3 of the screen, the rest is the black background.

6. Does the amount that its off by change based on window position. No

7. Does turning off the title bar fix it? (Show Frame option in Graphics tab) No

8. Are you running any background applications that could be messing with your mouse position? (like Synergy, OS Emulation) Nothing at all. The only things I have open while the game is on are ICQ and Stratics.

9. Are you using multiple monitors? No

Please note that this is both in windowed mode AND fullscreen.

T

Trojan of baja

Has there been a fix to this problem, if so can some one direct me to it pls. my mouse is about a half inch lower on my system. other wise i would love to try the sa client but this has been stoping me.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old issue, but I'll field it anyway in hopes that maybe they're still looking into it.

3. Does it affect the User Interface? Yes.

4. What is your desktop resolution? 1280 x 800

5. How large is the game window compared to your desktop? Doesn't matter, the issue affects all game window sizes from max to barely useable.

6. Does the amount that its off by change based on window position. No

7. Does turning off the title bar fix it? (Show Frame option in Graphics tab) No

Nothing

9. Are you using multiple monitors? No

Additional information: This issue affects my laptop:
Processor: AMD Turion X2 Dual core mobile RM-70 2GHz
Video: ATI Radeon HD 3650 (512 MB)
Computer memory: 4 Gbyte
DirectX version: 10

Any other information which could possibly be useful?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had the problem occur unless I use the 'Interface Scale' setting, The more I scale the Interface down the more the mouse offset is.

Yes

No

Yes

1280x720

Almost the same size

It changes based on interface ui scale

No
No

No