• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mountable Pets With Natural Poisoning Skill

fusionx86

Visitor
I put poison on one of my Cu's, but don't care for it much. Poisoning on Naja is amazing, but it isn't mountable. Any pets with both perks? I looked around, but didn't see any.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There is an art to animal training, example:

Nightmare (default : magery/dragon breath) = (lvl 2>3) learn poisoning, can also learn poison breath/aura of nasua, train to GM (lvl 3>4) switch back to Magery (not maining poisioning means no poison melee attacks but the pet can still perform skills and a pet with magery can use the poisoning). Alternatively you can train the pet skills and switch magic abilities at stage 5, some pets jump in slots if they are given extra skill points and this is especially true if you get ninjitsu/bushido skills for free through bladeweave use.

The Cu Sidhe can learn a special ability and a special move + magic ability, must be done in this order if you weren't aware. Giant Beetle/Fire Beetle's are also mountable pets that can be trained with poisioning but for poison attacks to be lvl 5 they must be given at least 1 poison ability and as for now only tamable creatures who have poison by default can auto attack lethal poison.

fusionx86

Visitor
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Especially interesting is what you (Deadly Serious) laid out with a Nightmare. I will have to try that.

I wasn't very clear in my original post. Was hoping to find a mountable pet that had natural poison already and could cast Lethal Poison. The two problems with pets that can train poison right now is that the poison level is lower (unless it will be fixed in a patch?) and they typically have other abilities using more mana and thus don't poison as often. On top of casting lethal poison, my Naja is a poisoning machine that seems to be constantly poisoning. Was hoping to find that in a mountable pet.

I did realize a few minutes ago that the Bane Dragon may be the only real option that provides both lethal poison and being mountable. They only have one training level though and the food they need seems like a pain to get. I have a couple of them in the stable that I never really used. Maybe that's my best bet until they fix the poison level of poison-trained pets.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nightmare with poison breath delivers lethal poison reliably at GM with poison breath skill, if it dies having Magery as it's main magic ability it will take roughly 10 min - hour to get poisoning skill back to GM depending on if the Nightmare is over GM magery or not.

They will be improving poisoning on pets in next publish supposedly.