• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mount up, Regulators!!!

G

In a lot of his posts, Lee makes reference to "regulators". Is he the only regulator in the game or are there others? Are there regulator classes that we can attend?

Just curious.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In a lot of his posts, Lee makes reference to "regulators". Is he the only regulator in the game or are there others? Are there regulator classes that we can attend?

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe we are all called to be 'regulators' in that when we see illegal activity, we report it to Lee, or another dev, or use the in-game reporting system, and the people with the power to get rid of those sims do so. There are alot of methods I don't condone for obtaining knowledge of that illegal activity, but if it is as plain as the nose on your face without you even having to do a smidge of 'harrassing' or anything like that, then I'd say it's silly not to report it to those who have the ability to check it out without being labeled as harrassors.....insomuch as it is their game so they can harrass sims all they feel is necessary in order to either find out they are not cheating or botting, and/or nail their asses to the wall if they are! Those are regulators in the truest sense

G

<blockquote><hr>

*Whispers to Nars* "Whats a regulator????

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno - Exlax?

G

I believe it's a quote from the movie "Young Guns".

Nothing more.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno - Exlax?

[/ QUOTE ]Ewww!

I'm not sure, but I think it is a reference to a line frequently used in a Japanimation cartoon popular in the mid-80's...<blockquote><hr>

I believe it's a quote from the movie "Young Guns".

Nothing more.

[/ QUOTE ]It could be that, too...

G

I still wanna be a regulator.... especially if they get to wear cute uniforms

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno - Exlax?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! I thought, too, maybe I need to add more fibre to my Salmon and Berry diet!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Maybe it's a new object that works like a smoke detector. We can all just buy one and mount it our walls.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe it's a new object that works like a smoke detector. We can all just buy one and mount it our walls.

[/ QUOTE ]
If so, what would this Regulator prevent?

G

Heh, I thought it was a Warren G/Nate Dogg reference.

*listens to crickets*

Hm.
Ok, here's a link to Regulators on wikipedia. Enjoy!

G

LOL funny thread. When I saw him say that, Charlie Sheen popped into my head LOL!

I just figured it was a quote from the movie "Young Guns" (based on true events), when Tunstall's boys were deputized and called Regulators after Tunstall was murdered during the Lincoln County Wars. They were meant to bring justice to Tunstall's killers. Richard Brewer, and later on Billy the Kid, would say "Regulators, mount up!" (in the movie).

"Did you see the size of that chicken?!"

G

OMG thought I was the only one that remembered Warren G and Nate Dog. Good ole time's lol

I

imported_debslee

I guess we are called to be this - Thanks Aster for the reference!

Regulator, in social science, an official responsible for control and supervision of an activity or area of public interest

G

<blockquote><hr>

Heh, I thought it was a Warren G/Nate Dogg reference.

*listens to crickets*

Hm.
Ok, here's a link to Regulators on wikipedia. Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the reason he said that, is because on my radio station last night he wanted to hear Regulate by Warren G So he came up with the name last night thanks to me

Y

YadaSc

Ooo... I think it's secret country/rock/ Heavy Metal band vigilantes. That are calling themselves Regulators competing to see which can put out the most voltage to zap the laggggg !

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

No actually he's been regulating all week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackiee! TMI, TMI

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

No actually he's been regulating all week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackiee! TMI, TMI

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember Lee saying "mount up regulators" a few weeks back.

It could be his new weapon against botters.
They may be going to have a pile of Emilio Estevez looking sims, "sorry avatars" riding around EAL on GGs shooting botters up the .... with rock salt.