• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mount Speed and Stamina?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do mounts with 150 Stamina move faster than mounts with 125 Stamina?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
dex determines pet's moving speed. stamina determines pet's swing speed.

so to answer your question: no

you do want 150 stamina on your pet though because it will hit faster and thus more often per minute which increases your damage output.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also re-reading what you posted: are you asking whether a mount with 150 dex or stamina will move faster while you ride it?
the answer to that question is still no. Your riding speed is always the same.

dexterity only helps the pet to move around faster when it is following a player or monster.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks I was trying to see if one was faster. For the purpose of completing trade routes.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only think movement related that I can think of is STR related for Giant Beetles. IF you raise a beetle's strength, it no longer has the "your mount is fatigued" crap you get after you put 400-500 stone weight in it....

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
From what I've read, the 150 stamina allows pets to swing at 1.25 wrestling speed. When I learned that, I stopped using the mastery "Playing the Odds" because the ssi didn't actually do anything to the pets.