• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Most Desirable Bows/Properties?

F

Fink

Hello.

I have a bowyer I haven't really done anything with since ML besides get all the recipes and turn out a few artifact bows. I haven't delved much into runics and I'm a little out of touch with what's hot and what's not. This will be my Artifacer character after SA hits, and I'd like to turn out custom imbued bows as a specialty. I'm after some up-to-the-minute info.

Basically I'd like a quick run-down on:

- bow types; most desirable for PvM and PvP?
- runics; buy or farm tools? price?
- material bonus; which wood to use?
- enhancing; which properties/combos are most desired?
- alternative bow sources; loot, quests?

I've read all the pertinent info on bowcraft and its product, but I'm just after a few pointers on the current market. Feel free to elaborate if you're keen to share your expertise.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
material bonus; which wood to use?
Here are the material bonuses for bows:
Plain - nothing
Oak - 40 Luck & 5%DI
Ash - 10%SSI & 20% Lower Requirements
Yew - 5%HCI & 10%DI
Heartwood - Any One of the following (40 Luck; Durability 50%; 20% Lower Requirements; 10% SSI; Lower Weight 75%; 5%HCI; 16% Hit Life Leech; 10 Luck)
Bloodwood - HPR 2 & 16% Hit Life Leech
Frostwood - 40% Cold Damage Conversion (just like metals distribute the damage type) & 12%DI

I prefer to craft bows with Ash for the SSI. Yew is not a bad choece either, but HCI and DI are fairly easy to get on other items.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This will be my Artifacer character after SA hits, and I'd like to turn out custom imbued bows as a specialty. I'm after some up-to-the-minute info.

Basically I'd like a quick run-down on:
- material bonus; which wood to use?
- enhancing; which properties/combos are most desired?
- alternative bow sources; loot, quests?
For imbuing, you can not imbue items that are made from a special material (any wood other than plain). Once you imbue the bow, you can try to enhance it with a special wood type. You do run the risk of destroying the item when you try to enhance it.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lists are in no particular order of importance
Property to add to every bow:
SSI

Properties which are good, if not critical, in PvM
Hit Mana Leech
Hit Stamina Leech
Super-slayer
Damage Increase
Hit Lower Defense

Properties which are good, if not critical, in PvP:
Hit spell (fireball or lightning)
HLD
HLA (significantly less so than HLD)
HCI
DCI
Balanced
Velocity

My dream bow - PvM:
SSI/HML/HSL/HLD heavy crossbow or yumi

My dream bow - PvP:
Balanced/velocity/SSI/hit fireball Composite bow

Both versions would be better upgraded to ash wood (with bows, SSI is EVERYTHING), but chances are slim of the upgrade being successful.

Note: I only used 4 mods, but I think imbuing can add a fifth. Since I am neither a crafter or imbuer, I'm not 100% certain on this.

F

Fink

Lists are in no particular order of importance
Property to add to every bow:
SSI

Properties which are good, if not critical, in PvM
Hit Mana Leech
Hit Stamina Leech
Super-slayer
Damage Increase
Hit Lower Defense

Properties which are good, if not critical, in PvP:
Hit spell (fireball or lightning)
HLD
HLA (significantly less so than HLD)
HCI
DCI
Balanced
Velocity

My dream bow - PvM:
SSI/HML/HSL/HLD heavy crossbow or yumi

My dream bow - PvP:
Balanced/velocity/SSI/hit fireball Composite bow

Both versions would be better upgraded to ash wood (with bows, SSI is EVERYTHING), but chances are slim of the upgrade being successful.

Note: I only used 4 mods, but I think imbuing can add a fifth. Since I am neither a crafter or imbuer, I'm not 100% certain on this.
Thanks, that's good stuff to know.