• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More things change the more they stay the same..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You would think a company would make it easy for people to buy things online and then be able to get them easily in game. I ordered some Sovereigns to increase stable slots and got an email that said this:

1. Go to https: // accounts.eamythic.XXX/
2. Log in to an existing account or create an account if a new user.
3. Open your Help Menu
4. Click on the button near "In game store" near the bottom of the list
5. This will open a gump that allows you to buy and search for the in game items you wish to purchase.

The problem? There is no freaking "help menu" on the account management page. After 20 minutes of trial and error I finally decided to add it to the "Activate Key" area where you would put an update code of a new expansion or something along those lines... yepp, that worked.

But really? Ya can't put together an email that says to do that? Someone needs to get their head out of their butt...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole account management for UO is goosed, they "were" gonna get it sorted "soon", but looks like that went the same way as the dodo.
Try changing your password for the UO account.......not your game password but the EA / Mythic / Broadsword....(whoever the runs this game now) account page....I gave up.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The whole account management for UO is goosed, they "were" gonna get it sorted "soon", but looks like that went the same way as the dodo.
Try changing your password for the UO account.......not your game password but the EA / Mythic / Broadsword....(whoever the runs this game now) account page....I gave up.
No way Broadsword is setting up such a system on their own. Have fun believing it. If they do, it will be bloodshed on a thousand of edge cases, which Mesanna routinely does not think about.

Likely they realized, hence no new page but the legendary "may" announcement.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had my EA account before UO had the account page, back in the dark ages of Pogo. So, Origin/EA and UO don't have the same account names and passwords.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had my EA account before UO had the account page, back in the dark ages of Pogo. So, Origin/EA and UO don't have the same account names and passwords.
Yeah but have you tried to change it.....nowhere on the Account page does it say how to change your Account password (which as we all know should be regularly changed)
You can change the password for the game very easily with the button, but the Broadsword account management page password .....as far as I can tell, cannot be changed?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah but have you tried to change it.....nowhere on the Account page does it say how to change your Account password (which as we all know should be regularly changed)
You can change the password for the game very easily with the button, but the Broadsword account management page password .....as far as I can tell, cannot be changed?

The last time I tried to log in, it took me an hour. I'll never try to change the password or do anything I don't have to do.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You would think a company would make it easy for people to buy things online and then be able to get them easily in game. I ordered some Sovereigns to increase stable slots and got an email that said this:

1. Go to https: // accounts.eamythic.XXX/
2. Log in to an existing account or create an account if a new user.
3. Open your Help Menu
4. Click on the button near "In game store" near the bottom of the list
5. This will open a gump that allows you to buy and search for the in game items you wish to purchase.

The problem? There is no freaking "help menu" on the account management page. After 20 minutes of trial and error I finally decided to add it to the "Activate Key" area where you would put an update code of a new expansion or something along those lines... yepp, that worked.

But really? Ya can't put together an email that says to do that? Someone needs to get their head out of their butt...
The help menu is the menu at the bottom of the game screen - that's how you get to the store in game
You basically load up the account on the account page and then go into the game to the help menu to get to the store

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[
I agree they need to make it better known, but if you really want to change your password for ea/mythic/whatever go to:
https://myaccount.ea.com >login>click security tab>change password pretty easy ONCE you know how it's done.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I was given very expedient and friendly service just the other day from the folks at BROadsword. Just wanted to leave a tale of good where a good tale is due.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BS needs to put a button to the store on that menu bar in the CC and on the main menu gump in the EC. Hiding it in the dysfunctional "Help Menu" :)rolleyes2:) was an extremely poor marketing decision.