• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More Storage Please.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd really like to buy more storage space that permanently increases storage capacity of homes, and bank boxes.

I have the maximum storage possible per account, on two accounts. I am a HOARDER of anything and everything & I'm not ashamed of it one bit thank you very much. Hoping for a storage capacity increase of %20 to %40 that bumps up both bank box and home storage limits at the same time.

I personally believe this will be a big seller. Please consider.
Thanks!

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Posting this request on this forum will not do anything for your cause. You should try posting on the official forum or sending an email. Devs are not here.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3 accounts 3 Castles 2 at 60% 1 at 20% and I have 2 full working on a 3rd with also 76 full BOD vendors for storage LOL

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
EJ account can hold 125 items per character and it's free. Just don't put it in your bank lol

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should just let us buy a token that will let any size house have the storage of castle they wont lose accounts over it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd buy another storage increase. Computers have bigger hard drives now than the last time UO sold a storage increase, right?
*You see Laura hiding that 128G M2 SSD which is distinctly smaller*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still wish they would go for the "Basement" idea I keep trying to pitch to them.

I know I would have bought into that and probably would have upgraded all my accounts to have one... Most of us are horders... and would easily want more room...

If they sold basements that were off in some "black" area... where you buy the plot and get expanded storage making your account have say the max storage of a castle even if you have just a 7x7 in the game... you could put a "teleporter" to your "basement" in your house and then the added storage would be in the basement area... which would have a single level of customizable space no roof or anything needed... as it is a basement... one level.. just limited tiles you can use on it... no roof tiles or anything... and then you can store all the stuff you want in it. But if you had a castle you wouldn't gain any storage on that account just more space...

If they did something like that a lot of us would buy it and I don't think it would cause people to close any accounts... but if they ever did that might be too late for people like me.

I pretty much quit playing for the most part, in part because I have nowhere to put anything if I did play. I'm not going to add another account at this point... so I just don't log in much at all ... except to work on a project or two.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Basements have been available on some private shards for a long time already. It is really not that difficult to implement.

In shroud of the avatar, the spirituel successor of UO, multi-level basements were available right from the start, sometimes offering even more space than the house itself. Not sure if also storage upgrade was included though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Basements have been available on some private shards for a long time already. It is really not that difficult to implement.

In shroud of the avatar, the spirituel successor of UO, multi-level basements were available right from the start, sometimes offering even more space than the house itself. Not sure if also storage upgrade was included though.
Well that was a money grab designed to get people to part with insane amounts of money so he could go to space... sometimes I feel sorry for those who did that... but most of the time I don't.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Dev's have said they will NOT be adding additional storage to game if my memory serves me correctly.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For my alt chars seldom played I have a dedicated blue beetle filled to capacity and I utilize 3 garden sheds for additional storage. I also have 50+ mannequins - each holds 10 free lockdowns - 6 armor, wep & shield and a robe and cape/quiver.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
mannequins
I have vendors instead of mannequins, reason being that the vendors have inventory too. Just don't buy my omelet, m'kay?
Oh, and I have five garden sheds. One at the top of each turret, plus one that's in the middle of a turret.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's probably more important for the health of Broadsword's revenue for us to have more accounts that require some type of monthly/quarterly/semi-annual payment than a 1-time purchase for additional storage.

If you're a hoarder, opening another account is going to be your best option.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you're a hoarder, opening another account is going to be your best option.
Second best. Best option is to DM me and we can talk about your problem and I can provide my "services." It's always best to fix the root of the problem instead of finding a workaround.

*Grabs a dozen leather bags from the local provisioner and gets Goaty McGoatface out of the stable.*
*Gives Goaty a shot of gasoline and pours another for himself!*

"LET'S DO THIS!"

*Takes the shot and slams his fist on the table.*

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe ask for a vet reward like the garden shed but a lot smaller in size bring up every house isn't able to use the garden shed because of it's size that your asking for something smaller to fit in smaller houses.
I would go for something like this storage vendors where you would buy them like you buy the other vendors at the bank. they would work like this anything is able to go on these vendors players will be able to see whats on them, but won't be able to buy or take anything off them. since npc don't work for free you would have to pay them about 60gp a day. lose the vendor stuff goes in the moving crate you just buy a new vendor.