• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More Profitable - T-Hunting or Fishing?

R

Robsmack

If you could only pick to be a treasure hunter or a fisher, which would you choose as it relates to profit & items you can fish or dig up to sell or use?

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm i have the thow so lets see..

I find i make beter gold from fishing..

You can sell the fish for people doing the quest..
Keep the fish and do the quest , hope to get some good hooks or power scrolls and if lucky the cherib bait and spy glass.

The lava hooks and dredge hooks sell well also..plus items from them at times.
You can get nets , colored ones that some people like, or toss them for a chance at more nets or MIB,s

Mib,s or SOS are like T-maps but at sea, so its sailling to them no insta recall.
You can get get 10 - 30 K depending on the chest you pull up plus items inside.

Ancient SOS , the white ones can be sold or fished up for the chest and a white net inside that is used to pull up Boss monsters with good loot if lucky..

OK now for T-Hunting lvl 1 - lvl 6 drop easy enough from mobs..

LVL 7 is high and Boss drop or from a lvl 6 chest only..

Gold is 5K for lvl 1 to 35 K for lvl 7 , goes up by 5K per LVL..
You need to kill all the guardians at start to be able to pick the chest open and loot whats inside, and and up pulling more monsters at same time..

Early lvl,s are easy enough but get harder the higher they get map wise.
You can get SOT blur scrolls give you 15 min extra skill gains...
In Fel you get SOA the pinks .

Some maps lvl 6 and 7 can be a pancake to do depending on facet..
Pardons come from lvl 6 and 7 only..
You get imbuing regs ,gems and mana orbs also...but it depends on map lvl also..

Good thing about T maps is you can recall to them..but in fishing you can do like 5 or more in same area if you plan it well.

Over all there both very profitable..but i find fishing faster in the long run..

Good Luck and have fun..

And 100 minning for T map is best..that pin is off..

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main difference is, that you can swap fishing with soulstones into nearly any template while you should have a dedicated char/template for treasure hunting. If you dont plan doing lvl 6 and 7's alone, you could even fit fishing into a t-hunter template.
My t-hunter is still not fully trained and has no problems in doing maps up to lvl 5. His 'fighting' abilities consist of 110 mage and med.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two are somewhat cross beneficial. You get MIBs in treasure chests and maps in sunken treasure and sea serpents. I made a treasure hunter long ago and haven't changed him over the years but he can just barely do level 3 maps himself although with changes made over the years maybe not because it seems like you can't lead off the monsters to kill them one at a time anymore. I haven't done the higher maps in recent times but it seems to me fishing is quicker to make gold. Treasure maps offer other items such as the various essences for imbuing that you don't get from fishing. Sorry not an answer to your question.

D

DirtglDigger

I am working my fisherman at the moment, Only at 50 skill so far but I am making great gold / loot from t hunting. my t hunter has the following template

100 (110 with book) Mystic
100 Focus
100 Carto
100 Lockpick
100 mining
110 magery
110 eval int

I can easily solo any level t-map... it takes longer depending on the facet as mentioned above but all in all there is little that will trouble you, just carry a few kinds of slayer spellbooks and while your colossus is pounding a mob you can blast it with spells.

Things to remember form lvl 6 maps. they are easy to get... if you have a sampire just spend an hour or so at miasma and you will build up a bunch.

In each chest you get a minimum of 30k gold, 6 essence, a minor arty and the chance of a blue, a pink (fel only) a pardon a surge shield or a mana phasing orb (lvl 7's have a small chance for a coffin also)

bare in mind that all the items you dont want should be taken home and unravelled if you have an imbuer or smealted/cut up if not. everything can be used.

I am saving every piece of scrap loot right now as the clean up brit even will let you trash it all, i have a load of chests to do and I will save all the junk, a 5 or 6 mod bracelet or ring will be worth good points from what I hear.

from an average lvl 6 chest I get around 10k extra from the spawn and around 100 pieces of loot.

Once I do fishing I will compare the two but from everything I read there is little to separate the two in terms of profit!

Hope this helps.

W

Walker D. Plank

120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 Magery

Can Handle any lvl t-map with ease.

Kinda sad how overpowered the mystic spell line is.

I run

120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 Magery

100 Cart
100 Mining
100 Lockpick

Rest in Med

I change some skills out every now and then when I get bored.

T-Hunting is a cake walk with a RC.

Z

Zluka

120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 Magery

Can Handle any lvl t-map with ease.

Kinda sad how overpowered the mystic spell line is.

I run

120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 Magery

100 Cart
100 Mining
100 Lockpick

Rest in Med

I change some skills out every now and then when I get bored.

T-Hunting is a cake walk with a RC.
While all level 6 maps are easy (Tram/Fel a bit slow if you get an odd GD or a bunch of wyrms), level 7 solo hunts in Tram/Fel go insanely slow with this temp. Ilshenar ones are just plain impossible with mystic/mage hunter.

. I usually pop guardians and recall away to reload on my tamer (or sampire in case of Ilshenar) to clear those.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. I have a very busy fisher/t hunter. She doesn't do higher than level 5 maps, but manages to turn a healthy profit between the two occupations. When I feel like a change, she can also do a little pvm stealing.
Template is quite heavily subsidized by her imbued jewels though.
Fishing 120
lockpick 100
cartography 100
Magery 65 + 30 on jewels + 15 on tome of lost knowledge
Ninjitsu 55 + 26 on jewels
Hiding 100
Stealing 100 + 20 on jewels
Stealth 80 + 26 on jewels.
She treasure hunts with earth eles and fishes with her 'crew'
Crew = Vollem for defense, pack llama for fish and goat for footwear.
When travelling or casting nets, invis llama and goat - water eles seem to target those first.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are looking to make money, other than the rare fishing quest stuff- treasure hunting is way more profitable.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra I LOVE the crew!!! I hope you don´t mind if I copy the idea (with a little variation)....

Hephaistos of Europa