• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More Pet slots plzzz!!!

B

Banner

Are they ever going to up the pet slots up to say mmmmm 6???? I would love to use my blue Beetle and Rune Beetle with my Tamer/THunter.........

N

Ncdiablo

In a nutshell the answer is NO.

A longer answer is that it would create a vast imbalance in the game. yes I would love to be able to ride a horse while going along with my G. Dragon but that would make it somewhat unfair in PVP as well as other imbalances.

Then you could have 3 firesteeds, 2 Rune Beetles, or 6 Frenzied Ostards and so on and so forth. The 5 slot rule while yes can be frustrating with my gatherer wanting to ride a blue beetle with my fire beetle it is simply the way it is.

The game has been designed around 5 slots. Opening up to 6 slots would create some real issues.

B

Banner

well I suppose your right... I did not think of the PVP aspect of the game. I don't PVP anymore and haven't since the splitting of the worlds... (Fel/Tram) WOW that was a long time ago... OH WELL looks like I'm stuck doing things the slowwwwww way thanks again.. :cursing:

N

Ncdiablo

It's all good I used to play back when there were no such thing as slots and also before there was a felucca. Back then I would sit on my Brown nightmare (which looked like a horse) and have 3 or 4 dragons invis'd waiting for a Pk to show up. Dead pk.

But that was the reason why they did this. Tamers had such an unfair advantage on everything.

The control slots help to keep tamers in some what of a check.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the better question would be why not lower a blue beetle down to a 2 slot animal?
that way you can do what you want and not over power pvp.. who pvps with a blue beetle anyway lol.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see an end to pet slots IN (guarded npc) TOWNS for one reason and one reason alone..

Group screen shot! :)

Beside that, I can't think of any other reason. I believe the slots were a good idea for balance.

Z

Zluka

They could easily only allow 5 control slots in Fel and in other PvP areas. Since 90% of the game's players are mostly PvE anyway why punish the majority?

N

Ncdiablo

If they did that only the Fel side it would still imbalance the game. Having more slots even on the Trammel side would screw things up.

The only suggestion would be to change the number of slots for one of the two beetles but then that opens up more things for bots and farmers.

I don't think the way things are are that terrible.

If you want something to store with and something to smelt. Ride the Fire beetle and then bring some packies. If you want something to store with and be able to ride then Ride the Giant beetle. While having the two beetles together might look nice I don't see the big issue of not having them both together on one char.

There is a decent variety of pets to wiggle around and change what you have with what. I know that 5 slots is a limitation but I don't see why this limitation is so bad?

Removing the limitation would simply break the game making it easy mode.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, it doesn't really matter what facet a tamer is on, 6 control slots would be a problem with some players.

I'd suggest you park a normal bonded packhorse away from the action before you dig up the chest, then call it back on screen when you're done and ready to load up.

Wenchy

N

Ncdiablo

Yeah I would love to be able to have a dragon for a mount (I don't count the swamp and bane as actual dragons they look like the most rediculous dragon I could think of) but I understand why they won't let us.

Hopefully down the road they will figure out a good looking Dragon for a mount.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I would love to be able to have a dragon for a mount (I don't count the swamp and bane as actual dragons they look like the most rediculous dragon I could think of) but I understand why they won't let us.

Hopefully down the road they will figure out a good looking Dragon for a mount.
Exactly! I mean they can keep it at 5 slots but let us ride the darn things! :D