• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

more payout please

F

frogger2

Holy cow over 18 in body and getting jack in payout on pinatas, this is just sad 4 green downs and not even makeing 500. and still category objects goes up in price and ATM sucks at 5 bucks for under 5k which really dont buy a hell of alot.telemarketers suck as well even with loads of players helping on both pinatas and telemarketers payouts just get lower.this isnt helping dynamic payouts dont help at all. ATMs are too much for too little.please do something in regards to payouts this is just sad and stop raising catelog objects. you cant do anything here but skill and thats just boring after awhile lol. making money is just not fun anymore. am I the only one who feels that way?

M

MonaLittlemore

I have to agree with you frogger I openup an old second account the day before they lowered the payouts ..I cant even make enough there to buy a lot..And I am starting to wonder if this is so more people will buy money..I refuse to just skill all the time ..So I havent even been playing much ..I hope they figure this out soon but wont hold my breath ..:)

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

Yes, it really sucks, and for the jobs also. I've been doing the factory job for months and months. But just for the last few days, they've changed something because it's not even worth it to go to work. It use to be 2 or 3 breaks a round, and now it's like 7 or 8. Unbelievable!! Not even fun anymore
Guess they don't want sims to make money, that way you'll buy it !

I

imported_VeronicaV

I agree, 20 in body and I get 13 on pinatas....its just pointless. I would rather work for the money than buy it. Please make it worth our while guys!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Luc Stated on Feb 2nd:

<blockquote>This does not mean that the payout for the skill objects will continue to decrease. They are very low at the moment because of the war against the bots. I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again.

</blockquote>

While he did say "skill objects", I believe he meant money objects. This was posted only 4 days ago people. Give them some time!

N

November Rain

<blockquote><hr>

Luc Stated on Feb 2nd:

<blockquote>This does not mean that the payout for the skill objects will continue to decrease. They are very low at the moment because of the war against the bots. I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again.

</blockquote>

While he did say "skill objects", I believe he meant money objects. This was posted only 4 days ago people. Give them some time!

[/ QUOTE ]

While I understand that they say they are working on some super secret way to combat the botters (I have this mental image that it's more like "Get Smart" rather than "Mission Impossible" and it makes me giggle), it's frustrating as h e double hockey sticks to be trying to make money enough just to wallpaper and tile my house. Say what you will, but the payouts are just ridiculous and all that lowering and lowering them is doing is alienating players. Have you stopped and listened to the conversations in money houses lately? They want to lower payouts, fine, but then lower everything else as well (property, catalog items, etc) to balance that out.

From the things I hear when I'm out and about, most people feel it's just a play by Maxis to get us to use those horrible kermit green ATM's. Sad, but I'm beginning to wonder if that's not really the reason for it too.

Just my two cents;)

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Luc has given a reason for the lower payouts. Speculation by others is just that. Speculation and disgruntled players venting.

EA-Land is and will be nothing like the TSO of the past. There are systems being implemented to keep control of the economy so that we do not reach the run-away inflation of the past. I have even been told that if an exploit is detected the city will come to a complete halt. Shutdown. And by shutdown they mean shutdown until exploit is fixed. Even it takes days to do it.

At this point I feel we are quite lucky to continue playing with lower payouts until this current botter issue is addressed.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I can understand the whole atm theory, but I personally am having no problems making money. (of course I'm not rich, but I'm not poor either) I try a little of this and a little of that, I don't stress on how many jams, piñatas, potions I end up doing, I just walk around aimlessly, doing whatever crosses my path.

What is the rush?
If you accomplish your sim life in a month, what fun is there after? Go with the flow, enjoy what the game does have to offer, a bunch of players who love this game enough to stick with it during good times and bad.

M

MonaLittlemore

As I do understand there is a problem with bots and money object ..What was the point in lowering the jobs ? I could hardly think you could bot those ..You pretty much have to be right there to work
I just find it very much benifiting the ATMs

G

<blockquote><hr>

Luc has given a reason for the lower payouts. Speculation by others is just that. Speculation and disgruntled players venting.

EA-Land is and will be nothing like the TSO of the past. There are systems being implemented to keep control of the economy so that we do not reach the run-away inflation of the past. I have even been told that if an exploit is detected the city will come to a complete halt. Shutdown. And by shutdown they mean shutdown until exploit is fixed. Even it takes days to do it.

At this point I feel we are quite lucky to continue playing with lower payouts until this current botter issue is addressed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't share the joy at the expectation of the city being down for "days" - especially since the gathering in of monthly payments will go merrily along, uninterrupted.
I would hope that they devise some coding that would handle these issues without such drastic (and infuriating) action.
I may be "disgruntled" - but it is a status conferred upon me (partially, at least) by the maddening vagaries of the game.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't share the joy at the expectation of the city being down for "days" - especially since the gathering in of monthly payments will go merrily along, uninterrupted.
I would hope that they devise some coding that would handle these issues without such drastic (and infuriating) action.
I may be "disgruntled" - but it is a status conferred upon me (partially, at least) by the maddening vagaries of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe anyone would feel "joy" at the downtime of the city. I do expect they will keep any downtime to a minimum. Drastic cheats will take drastic measures in this new world economy and to expect less is being naive.

I would like to know why the diner pay was lowered because I thought the job tracks were considered bot proof. They do not even fall into this category of job objects that Luc mentioned in the blog.

I do know at some point and time their goal was to have each payout tied directly to specific drains in the game mechanism. I wish the developer in charge of economic game mechs would tell us if this is still the plan or if they are, like you said, just making adjustments on a whim.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Have you thought about trying custom content?
Here is a tutorial link: http://www.geocities.com/ealandtutorials/
It's a good way to make simple things and earn simoleans on the side...

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree with you that making and selling custom content is a good way to make money in this game. I don't agree that it is an answer to the problems we are facing with the low payouts.
If we all have to rely on money made from cc to progress in this game where are the simoleans going to come from for our customers to purchase our products.
The payouts are being lowered because the economy is blowing out, no other reason. It is not to make us buy simoleans from the ATMs but rather to be able to establish the buyback of simoleans. If simoleans are too easily made with money objects and jobs they will not be able to implement the buybacks. Buybacks are very important to the direction EA wants to take this game.
The only reason they would be constantly lowering the payouts is that too many simoleans are being made buy players. As the economy blows out they are bringing things down further in an effort to control it. I am sure they thought from trials in TC3 that they had things under control or could control things with dynamic payouts and pricing. I tried to tell Lee a few months ago in a debate over this that this would happen “payouts would have to be far to low”. Now that we have an environment where making simoleans is worth something a huge amount more effort is going into making them. Their strategy for controlling it is not working. They blame it on bots and think if they can control them the problem will go away. Well I made 65k in 4 hours yesterday without using any bots. Having said that I don’t believe payouts are anywhere near high enough for the game to succeed. Some of us know how to make simoleans fast in this game, the majority don’t. For EA to be able to stop those who do, from virtually printing real money in this game when the buybacks come in, payouts will have to be so low that the majority of players will find it far to hard to get anywhere in the game. I am also sure once its realized how I was able to make the 65k the way I did that it will be stopped as well. I was able to do so because I anticipated things correctly. I can see others making adjustments to their game to do the same so I am sure it will be fairly short lived. I would guess it would go down to around half that. 32k for 4 hours work is not enough to justify the time spent for the returns available. Although I have to say here that I am not fully set up yet and can still do better. Here many of you are likely to think that people like me are spoiling the game for you. I have posted this so you can all see what is going on so we can all do something about finding a resolve to the issue. Keep in mind that if I can do this, lots of others are as well. Also if I am able to do this using 1 computer manually, imagine what botters will be making. I think that stopping botters is one of the most important things that EA needs to do. If they don’t, the game is doomed.
I have spent the last few months weighing up where this game is going. I have also put a lot of effort into ways of fixing problems I could see arising.
EA have stated they have a new combatant for bots. From history their attempts have been complete failures and I would be surprised to see a decent method come from the ranks in EA. I really do hope they have succeeded this time. If they haven’t I do know a way to stop them in their tracks. My way would involve no policing, no detection programs running in the back of our systems, no typing and except for a few people who grumble over everything and anything would be excepted happily by players. I have also developed a system where buybacks can be established and EA would not have to worry about any losses from buying simoleans. Players could enjoy the game as it has been with higher payouts. Payouts could go back up straight off and the all important capabilities of making real money from the sales of things like custom content could go ahead.

F

festrmentmagnet

Don't you have to have money first to do custom content?

M

MonaLittlemore

umm yep money is needed to start a store and CC, so I hope I can get some lol