• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] more no-parry thoughts.

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went through UOGuide bushido out of curiosity. I have been trying to figure out why I even have currently gm bushido

On a sampire with 0 parry. (no joat)

Confidence increases HP and Stam regen with no parry (based on bushido skill I believe)

It might increase chance of LS crit?
Controlling Lesser Hyrus
Otherwise

You can honor at 50

Momentum Strike is unaffected by bushido skill after required skill I believe

I don't see any use for honorable execution as Honor does the same thing without a negative effect

Counter Attack useless?

Evasion debate is still ongoing.

So....120 Bushido 0 parry.....increases your LS damage and Confidence passive regen?

Does not seem that worth it to me. I may keep my GM

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It hugely affects lightning strike.

If you have only 50 bushido, you can toggle lightning strike, but it will rarely go off and give you the HCI bonus. Even rarer still is the chance to crit. Honor also becomes less useful and your overall damage increase and luck from honor are diminished to minimal proportions.

Also, the biggest reason is Whirlwind.

Bushido gives a damage bonus to Whirlwind : ((# of opponents * Bushido) * (# of opponents * Bushido) / 3600) = Bonus Damage

For example, if you are using a weapon with Whirlwind on it, and you are surrounded by 4 enemies, and have a Bushido skill of 90, the additional damage you do to each of those enemies will be 36 points of additional damage. The damage bonus is capped at 100.

(text copied from UOGuide.com)

Bushido is pretty necessary IMO. If you're trying to put together a fancy cramped template but still get some parry benefit from bushido the magic number (in my opinion) is 60 parry and 120 bush (or 115).

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But as a thrower that whirlwind is nill.

I guess I will go 110 though. Thanks :)

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find momentum strike is very useful as well. 100% chance to execute it is 107.5 skill.

J

[JD]

If you're trying to put together a fancy cramped template but still get some parry benefit from bushido the magic number (in my opinion) is 60 parry and 120 bush (or 115).
is 120 bush/60 parry worth the investment to get evasion? or are there other things which are better for the 60 pts?

also as far as OT,

i could be wrong but: it helps reach 300% dmg cap on stuff which only has super slayer right? IE, demon slayer = 200%, and then you can EOO, but thats 250%... need perfection for 300%?

momentum strike is good for throwers since we don't get whirlwind.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
60 parry is fine. Evasion works and, with 120 weapon + bushido, you get that extra mana reduction on special moves.

A

Adbaldar

New to this Sampire thing, have classic warrior PvM but want more.
After Items: STR 121 - DEX 132 - INT 31
Skills: Anat - Real: 112 Cap: 115
Chiv - Real: 41 Cap: 100
Focus - GM: 100
Heal - Real: 110 Cap: 120
Parry - GM: 100
Swords - Real: 105 Cap:105
Tactics - GM: 100
According to a template I was reading about by Zalan:
Got the start on 120 Swords and 120 Parry. Says I need atleast 99 Necromancy but will do GM 100 and 50 Bushido but it doesn't say what chiv skill level I should zero in on. I'm not a potion drinker (not very multi-tasker) if you know what I mean, I'm not expecting anyone to tell me a template but head me in the right direction according to your level of playing would help a lot.