• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More Negatives for T*T

• Thread starter Tovladian Soltyr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

Tovladian Soltyr

Well my computer bit the big on right before Thanksgiving, and now the only real PC we have in the household is my Stepsons laptop from now until tax time. The harddrive pretty much bit the big one in my PC clicky noises all that good stuff. I would have posted something sooner but right after Thanksgiving I came down really bad sick, any it wasn't until this Saturday that I even started feeling human again.

The doctor said I had some sort of intestinal virus, no H1N1 or anything like that but for someone that rarely gets sick it was a scary situation cause had I not said no to hospitalization they were going to ship me off and start hooking me up to I.V.'s they were that worried about my hydration. Whatever I had it put me down and out for a full week. At one point I literally had to crawl on my hands and knees just to get back to the bedroom after going to the bathroom cause standing up or even sitting up made me dizzy or feel like I was going to vomit. I'm starting to eat normal again and starting to feel like my normal self but dang did whatever I had hit me like a ton of bricks. Leave it to me to be the only person to lose weight on Thanksgiving...almost 5 days of nothing but Sprite, water, and ice doesn't make for the best diet plan FYI.

Anyway Darri's and my computer time will be very limited for a while, least until the January/Feb time frame when we'll be doing taxes. *crosses fingers* Here's to a good refund.

N

NewThunder

Tov,

Check with the maker of your PC, many PC makers have had recalls of hard drives and other items. HP sent me coupons because of issues with my old PCs, two of these machines I did not even have anymore.

Rumil of Lorain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have several HD's if you want I can set one up with XP Pro and send it to you all you would have to do is install your previous programs,the largest I have I believe is a 120 rest are like 40's

F

Froden_UO

If you live on the East Coast I can get my distrubter to sell you an 160 gig hd SATA for about $65.00 or a 160 gig IDE for about $50.00 just let me know I will be glad ot pM you thier Ph#:grouphug:

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Thank you all very much for the offers but the PC itself is like 8 years old so it's about time for a replacement system anyway. I found a pretty decent site where I built a nice gaming system for like 800. When taxes hit Darri and will both be getting a new computer probably from that site so we'll be back in game sooner or later after Tax time. I'll probably pop a new harddrive in the old system at a later date just to have as my writing workshop that will be just used for my story and book writing and such.

It was originally from DELL with all kinds of warranties and such when I first got it but it's well past all those being usable now lol.

D

Darri Lien

Wellll, I cant have Tov sitting around with no PC, and four of us cant share my son's 2 yr old laptop. SO! I bit the bullet and for now at least, we have a new Dell Studio laptop set up on the desk :) Picked it up yesterday, hid it til Tov left for work, then cleaned off his desk and had it all set up for him when he got in this morning hehe For now, we'll be sharing the laptop, then after taxes he'll have a new desktop, and I'll prolly give this one to my daughter and get myself a new one, and we'll all be set! :) Then again, Im loving this one!! Might keep it for myself and let the daughter pick one out herself lol

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And to think I was gonna offer to let Tov have one of my laptops for sexual favors...

I now have two laptops cause they are awesome...I also have my desktop gaming pc which is nuts. Built for mmos and movies. Even went nuts and spent 300$ on a 23' LG screen.( http://www.lge.com/us/computer-products/monitors/LG-lcd-monitor-W2353V-PF.jsp )

Couple all that with my iphone and im pretty much set....technology is so addictive..gah

G

grandpa otis

Well, this is good news Darri,, now you have a pc online U have no excuse now for not getting me back an email or IM and letting me know what my great-granddaughter is in need of for Christmas??? got all the grandkids fixed up now cept for her and Lolna,,will finish hers today :)

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raise them up, send them to school and all they did was eat the covers off the book right Otis? ;)

Darri hook this gentleman up he needs the info girl! :twak:

And umm while Big and ugly isnt looking........... well you know what to do :thumbsup:

D

Darri Lien

Christmas all sorted, yes I checked my email LOL

Cuda hun... I smack him daily! Gave him an extra one just for you though ;)