• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More faction changes we would like to see?

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, not much else they can do with factions, they are certaintly getting better and I have seen a lot more people in them..

I would like to see some kind of faction chat system, would come in great handy...

Maybe change the way stat loss works, to where it keeps raising over a period of time instead of all at once, or bring back up our skills quicker by fighting stuff.. It gets really boring to sit around for 15 minutes everytime a faction enemy kills you, make it less tedious..

And, the last change I would make is to the faction point system, if the devs really wish to restore them.. Peraphs PvP in UO, should be a never-ending battlefield of chaos and madness.. Instead of losing faction points when we die, our points should keep going up and up, and up, everytime we kill a faction enemy, we then use these points to get "faction only" weapons, armor, etc, maybe blessed or curse? Then my friends, factions would be it..

Instead of one faction HQ for each faction, peraphs there should be a faction HQ for each faction per town..... :thumbsup:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see some kind of faction chat system, would come in great handy...
The issue would be how to setup moderation. If the restriction for faction messaging was removed from the commanding lord (currently 4 times per hour) and granted to all finance ministers and sheriffs, I think that would be enough for now.

And, the last change I would make is to the faction point system, if the devs really wish to restore them.. Peraphs PvP in UO, should be a never-ending battlefield of chaos and madness.. Instead of losing faction points when we die, our points should keep going up and up, and up, everytime we kill a faction enemy, we then use these points to get "faction only" weapons, armor, etc, maybe blessed or curse? Then my friends, factions would be it.
I don't think we should be copying World of Warcraft anymore than already has been done.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factions as well as the rest of pvp is pointless until the rampant cheats are adressed.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have yet to see the point of sigils in factions. Horses and faction bless? Pffft.
Worthless rewards...The only fun of factions is killing the opposition. But when the opposition refuses to fight, what are you supposed to do? Guarding sigils certainly isn't "fun" nor does it give any reason to.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have yet to see the point of sigils in factions. Horses and faction bless? Pffft.
Worthless rewards...The only fun of factions is killing the opposition. But when the opposition refuses to fight, what are you supposed to do? Guarding sigils certainly isn't "fun" nor does it give any reason to.
Faction horses are great because you can rez your own pet on the field if you are dmounted.

Faction bless items is kind of lame, only worthwhile for clothes.

Guarding the sigils isn't fun, but doing so enables you to capture cities which allows you to place faction vendors to get the horses, and also buy bulk ingots/boards at discounted rates for a short time.