• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More Billing Probs

G

I really wish they'd fix this, because I think I read about it before but I can't find the thread so I thought I'd be sure I wasn't dreaming.

Hubby and I finally got our paypal draft in to activate our accounts to Founder (premium) status, so today I entered in the Paypal MC info. My account went straight through to premium status, no problem, but his account is still showing visitor, and when I go to his account page it says 5 of 14 days left on the '14 day trial' (which we all know is non-existent) and then underneath that 'continuing $9.99 a month subscription'. He's very disappointed now, he really wants to go ahead and have the multiple avatars like I have, and forget the 5 days extra free play so can somebody remind me how to forfeit that 5 day time? I know there's a way to do it, I'm just not sure how. I *think* I remember somebody saying that they cancelled their subscription and then resubmitted it, but I am afraid that that will double bill the card, so I don't want to do that unless that is the only way I can get around it. Is there another way to do it? You'll make hubby's whole week if you can tell me how to do this....pretty please? *bats eyelashes*

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Some people have had luck with cancelling subscription, entering billing info and then re-suscribing.

Or was it cancel subscription, re-subscribe, edit billing info?

P

pchypie2008

yea seems to be a lot of problems with billing and stuff
havent had a problem yet thank god

im wondering when everything is all done and the game is officially ealand what will happen to the time card you can buy where they are for sims online game will those still be available for ppl to buy game time

just a though i wish they would have the pay option to pay directly from your credit card right to the game with out having to go through paypal and stuff lot of games/sites have that option seems like it would be eaiser and less hassle to me

G

I am fixin to *try* to get in touch with EA since I am sitting here just skilling atm anyway so I have time to wait ad nauseum.....maybe they can help me forfeit the time and not risk double billing the card. I'll post again after I get off the phone with them as to whether they tell me they can or not. Other than that the only thing I can think of is to chase down Lee or Pari in game and see what they say. That card can't afford to be double billed though or it could mess up both accounts, or put 2 months playing time on one account and no playing time on the other which would also not be cool. Will update in a few minutes (or an hour depending on how long EA keeps me on hold ROFL)

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I never use game time cards or paypal. I pay for my subcription with a credit card directly to EA.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I never use game time cards or paypal. I pay for my subcription with a credit card directly to EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ever use a game time code. I am currently going through hell to use the code I just purchased for $30! It would be nice if they charged you after it is included in your subscription info SO FRUSTRATING! I called customer support- don't bother! I can barely understand them (no I am not being racist I am a minority myself) and they will only put you on hold while they hope you hang up so they do not have to deal with you. Thank you EA for blessing us with your RIDICULOUSLY TERRIBLE, UNACCEPTABLE customer support

G

OK, phone support no help as usual. I got in touch with a man who actually did speak great English, however he told me that I had the wrong department and step by step how to get to the right one, however when I did that it sent me on an infinite loop that would not lead to another live person.....sooooo if nobody can help here it looks like my only recourse is to bug Lee, Pari or Greg again in game. I hate doing that since they have so much on their plate already but the really need a competent phone support team. International players gripe all the time that they don't have a toll free number to call, but it seems even we US players don't have *much* of a toll free service nowadays, either

G

<blockquote><hr>

just a though i wish they would have the pay option to pay directly from your credit card right to the game with out having to go through paypal and stuff lot of games/sites have that option seems like it would be eaiser and less hassle to me

[/ QUOTE ]

They do have that option, but those of us who only have a debit card through Paypal are stuck using it that way, but a Paypal debit card works just like a debit card going to a bank account, or like a regular credit card, so this issue with visitor accounts not being converted to premium right away would have nothing to do with that and would happen even to people who are paying with either one of those. I'm not paying straight with paypal without a Visa/MC attached to it like others are, this is using the debit card so the issue isn't the same one.

P

pchypie2008

gracie
how do you pay directly to ea with a credit card with out going through paypal
i never saw that option

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ever use a game time code. I am currently going through hell to use the code I just purchased for $30! It would be nice if they charged you after it is included in your subscription info SO FRUSTRATING! I called customer support- don't bother! I can barely understand them (no I am not being racist I am a minority myself) and they will only put you on hold while they hope you hang up so they do not have to deal with you. Thank you EA for blessing us with your RIDICULOUSLY TERRIBLE, UNACCEPTABLE customer support

[/ QUOTE ]

drew, Parizad will enter those game time codes manually herself, all you have to do is get in touch with her through PM here, or in game in EA Land (MaxisParizad is her sim name) and she will tell you what information she needs e-mailed to what e-mail address. I've seen her do this for other players. Again this is a separate issue.....I wish we'd had the money to pay for a game time code for each account, but we didn't. Maybe when tax time rolls around if the tax rebates come out like they are supposed to we will.

I've read around on the forums that it can take up to 24 hours for a visitor account to register as premium, so *maybe* by tomorrow it will be fixed, or at the very least it will roll over after the 5 days rolls out, but poor hubby I hate making him wait that long when my account converted over straight off.....makes me feel guilty even though I know it's not my fault and *he* knows it's not my fault, but just knowing he's missing out on something he shouldn't be missing out on makes me feel bad

G

<blockquote><hr>

OK, phone support no help as usual. .... International players gripe all the time that they don't have a toll free number to call, but it seems even we US players don't have *much* of a toll free service nowadays, either

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only do international players not have a toll free number to call, but getting hold of anyone via the support site ('contact us' and submitting questions) is near impossible. I paid for a 90 day code via Paypal more than 3 weeks ago. Still, no code and no reply to my issue. I'm very tired of fighting this battle every time I want to add more gametime to my accounts. I am also very tired of losing out on entitlement age because of these billing issues. I'm sure I've lost at least 4 weeks since I started playing again last year.

I really hope this will be fixed soon. Very frustrating to play for a game, and have your accounts suspended, for something that is not your own fault.

G

<blockquote><hr>

gracie
i never saw that option

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Gracie but there are two options on the payment page when you click on 'Change My Billing Info' on your account page. The first one is Credit Card, the second one is Game Time Card. Credit Card is the one you want to pick if you are paying with a credit or debit card. That's the one I chose even though this debit card doesnt connect to my bank account, it connects only to my Paypal balance. Having the debit card keeps me from having to pay the extra fee that players who pay directly from paypal have to pay.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

OK, phone support no help as usual. .... International players gripe all the time that they don't have a toll free number to call, but it seems even we US players don't have *much* of a toll free service nowadays, either

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only do international players not have a toll free number to call, but getting hold of anyone via the support site ('contact us' and submitting questions) is near impossible. I paid for a 90 day code via Paypal more than 3 weeks ago. Still, no code and no reply to my issue. I'm very tired of fighting this battle every time I want to add more gametime to my accounts. I am also very tired of losing out on entitlement age because of these billing issues. I'm sure I've lost at least 4 weeks since I started playing again last year.

I really hope this will be fixed soon. Very frustrating to play for a game, and have your accounts suspended, for something that is not your own fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, since the entitlement days panel has been added to the accounts, even when my account(s) were showing up visitor I still accumulated entitlement days, so it's possible that at least for the days that this happened while the entitlement days were actually visible on the account, you could have been credited for those days, though prior to that entitlement days seem to have been based strictly on paid days.

G

I still have 3 days left before they suspend that account, I'll have to check what my days are when EAL is back up. I just want to continue to spend time with friends, having fun and enjoy a game I have missed for years. Its very frustrating to struggle with billing issues every time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I still have 3 days left before they suspend that account, I'll have to check what my days are when EAL is back up. I just want to continue to spend time with friends, having fun and enjoy a game I have missed for years. Its very frustrating to struggle with billing issues every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. Very soon I might be able to sympathize as well as empathize, as my Paypal debit card expires in November and there is a chance that I won't be issued another one, since there is no backup cc funding tied to the account anymore, and that was a contingency for having been issued the debit card to begin with. Paypal has a plug-in that allows you to create single use transaction debit card numbers, however for that you have to have verified your address, and since I no longer live at the address originally tied to the account, it won't let me have verification sent to my new address even though the debit card itself was sent to this address. Go freaking figure LOL. Hoops of fire, indeed
As a US citizen I do have the option of getting a Wal-Mart prepaid Visa debit card, however I don't know if that's one that there is a monthly fee attached to or not. I hope not, because soon that might be my only option

G

Good news, bad news.

Bad news: Yeah, you have to wait the few days until it is over before it kicks you into an entitled account.

Good news: We're changing that! In the near future (please don't ask me for an ETA) you can choose to immediately go to a subscribing account.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

gracie
i never saw that option

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Gracie, but this is where I do that. Just go to billing info and put you cc number in.

https://account.ea.com/login/relogin.jsp?locale=en_US&amp;site=eaco&amp;skin=eacom&amp;lang&amp;surl=https%3A%2F%2Faccount.ea.com%2Fmyacct%2Fview-subscriptioninfo.jsp%3Flocale%3Den_US%26site%3Deaco&amp;lkey=R9ZUPBjUH6KNa1dpCn4oMAAAKDw.&amp;redr=https%3A%2F%2Faccount.ea.com%2Fmyacct%2Fverify-password.jsp%3Flocale%3Den_US%26site%3Deaco%26skin%3Deacom%26surl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faccount.ea.com%252Fmyacct%252Fview-subscriptioninfo.jsp%253Flocale%253Den_US%2526site%253Deaco

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Just to be clear. Glitter T is not me but she does know her stuff. Click billing tab at top of your account info once you log in. Option to have your CC charged automatic each month is there. This also works if you have a visa or mastercard debit card that is tied directly to your bank. You can even use prepaid visa cards that you can charge up yourself.

P

pchypie2008

ok
wow thats great tyvm for all the info
will deff have to change that
gametime cards are a pain at times
jsut wish when you pay with your credit card it wasnt every month and could pay a years time at once would be so much easier for me at least

P

pchypie2008

im still little confused
on my account page i have time in the sims online quite a bit left paid up and theb there is the ealand section says not regestered should i put time into that or will my time transfer over when sims one is gone? i dont want to lose any time or my subscription

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I use The Sims Online for now. They haven't converted all paid subscriptions to EAland yet. I expect that will change some time in the future. You don't want to change your billing method until your game card time expires.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Good news, bad news.

Bad news: Yeah, you have to wait the few days until it is over before it kicks you into an entitled account.

Good news: We're changing that! In the near future (please don't ask me for an ETA) you can choose to immediately go to a subscribing account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then I guess I got REALLY lucky then, cuz I noticed about a half hour ago that the account now says premium, so there was a delay of a couple hours but thank goodness he didn't have to wait the whole time....he's already got a gameplan mapped out and would have climbed the walls for that amount of time, especially considering it might have meant he missed another Lava game. So now I know that the fact that it worked out this way is a bonus! Thanks guys!