• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Moonglow Quarantined

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
By order of Governor Kattasrophe, the city of Moonglow and the surrounding island are hereby under quarantine until further notice due to an outbreak of rabies. The citizens of Moonglow are in need of food and supplies. Other cities that are able to assist are asked to do so.

It is hoped by all involved that the disease has not spread.

In other news: A disturbance has been reported on NuJel'm and there are also reports of Polar Bears acting strangely on Dagger Isle.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is unclear both where to bring the relief supplies, and exactly what effect killing these shapeshifting spiders is having.

The infection does not appear to be contagious in any way leading me to believe that it is not a contagion at all. Instead, spiders are mimicking creatures they come in contact with and assuming their place, giving the appearance of a contagion taking hold.

It is also unclear why the guards refuse to attack these mimic spiders even as the spiders are provoked into slaughtering innocent townsfolk. Perhaps eggs have been laid in their brains? Are we witnessing a conspideracy that is infiltrating the highest ranks of our government? Is FalseBlackthorn really one of these spiders come to rule over us and prepare us for having our delicious goopy insides sucked out by stabby, bitey mandibles?

Have they heard that I am, in fact, pretty fly for a white guy, and the mention of flies has driven them into a frenzy to conquer the overworld?

How many legs does Katt have? Has anybody counted her shoes? This would explain women's fixation on foot coverings, they are really our spider overlords and need 4x as many so they can still look chic after biting the heads off the males, taking control, and dropping the two-legged facade.

Is it mere coincidence that "shenanigan" begins with "she"?

My god people, how can I be the only one seeing this? We're through the looking glass here.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I really have hard seeing the fun with this event, in my opinion, hard aggressive monsters do not belong in town zone as the new players we want to get, won't be safe in the town and won't be able to kill this stuff.
What is the goal with this event and how do we get rid of this rabies before it spread to more towns.
It's like Siege not care for this event, maybe because Siege players are a little different than players on Trammel shards.
For me, I see no reason to kill this rabies monsters as I only kill monsters if they attack me or I need the loot they have.
When on my crafters, I like to be safe in town, at least for monsters.
I don't know if I'm the only one, who feel this event failed and need to end.
Else we need some hints about how to end it and what will happen if we do not stop it.

Sorry if I sound negative

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed.

There's no sense of progress, or of our actions mattering in the least. Since there's no worthwhile interactions with the creatures, then they must be judged on their worth as 'farming' creatures, and they take far too long for far too little on that front.

I could put up with it if they gave any indication whatsoever that they were more than just a new creature spawn added in towns.

Even my spider conspiracy has gotten boring to push.