• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moonglow Invasion in 2008

V

Victoria Navarre

*eek* What I remember from that event was lag,lag and more lag. Also when fighting the "angels",there was no real way to mitigate damage from them. Even jousting them wasn't working. I just chalked it up as a tamer-centric event didn't attend it after the second day.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recall having to charge towards the back to rez a friend, Several times. And yes, the lag was killer.

V

Victoria Navarre

I recall having to charge towards the back to rez a friend, Several times. And yes, the lag was killer.
I remember a few times we tried to create a "safe zone" in the rift so people could come have a safe rez. Too many times,people would run toward us pulling the mob with them,which would wipe out the safe zone. :(

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't want to deal with the lag, so I hung back with the not-so-honorable Mr. Bunnyman and um... someone else I can't remember. We spent the evening trying to insult the blackrock detector into submission.

I think if we kept it up, it may have worked!

...It was a different world back then.

V

Victoria Navarre

I watches your other vid showing the crimson dragon. I remember something along that line happening in Brit as well? Alot of powered up dragons and drakes were spawning in the city. I liked that event much better than the time rift thing. I remember that some people and I decided to hold one of the bridges that run from the old part of the city to Brit proper. One of the best times I had in UO was that day. We would gain control of the bridge just to turn around and have to flee and then come back again. :)

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*eek* What I remember from that event was lag,lag and more lag. Also when fighting the "angels",there was no real way to mitigate damage from them. Even jousting them wasn't working. I just chalked it up as a tamer-centric event didn't attend it after the second day.
I used nothing but my plain run of the mill fighter to kill everything in there and he wrecked shop!

I throughly enjoyed that event! thanks for the videos!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for this Mr. Pike. This is truly great.

(Did anyone else try to open their paperdolls?) :)