• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moongates...

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok folks I haven't had a chance to play with this yet but I would like to make a item based replica of a moongate... preferably blue... but red would be ok too... as close to moongate looking as I can get...

I'm just talking about the gate part here... so lets see what ideas some of you have =)

Please I'd appreciate it...

L

Lord Tonberry

Probably one of the hardest things to ever make out of items!

I've been trying for a few days but haven't created anything acceptable to my own standards. I've tried experimenting with a barrel (dyed blue) as I though that was a good start, but looks terrible.

Everything seems to be misshaped, too small, or too large, but I'll keep working on it.

T

Tazar

Since the general shape is so hard, how about some plants/trees in front of it - it would give the impression of seeing the gate-glow through the trees, while hiding the odd-shape of the items making up the gate.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting Idea Taz... I still haven't played with it my self yet I was thinking layered cloth but I'm not sure what yet, then again I don't know my Elf or garg garments perhaps obis? either way Hopefully people will keep playing with the idea.

C

Crystal Canyon

I read this post his morning and it sounded like a real challenge. I didnt come up with anything great, but it would work.

I didnt have 3 of the blue ones, which would look better so I used what I had. ( They can be dyed but turn very dark colors)

If you have more of these you could place some behind to get a more oval shape also.

There is actually a house teleporter under the last one, the green one, and since you can walk through these, it will actually teleport you to wherever you have the other port.

I used the grave tiles to cover the porter so it cant be seen.

Like I said it isnt the best but maybe you could add to it to make it better,

Hope it helps.

P.S. The best part is the sound you get when you walk into it! Hehe

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking of those sparkles.. stacking a bunch of those.

It wouldn't exactly fulfill your idea, but it would be a cool teleporter..

Too bad you can't dye those big rubble rocks like you'd use for around the moongate, a bunch of those dyed and stacked closely together would give close to the actual shape.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that idea as a starting point Crystal I was also just thinking back to the old Ultimas and the squared off gates might be easier.