• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moongate Client Crashes???

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
maybe it is just a few of us here on Chesapeake. We use the moongate from Luna to Homare-Jima Moongate and it seems like we have a 50% chance client crashing when only going to Tokuno islands or Illish.

We have asked ten people to use the moongate every once in awhile and they all reported the same thing of client crash.

It does not crash showing you the Tokuno islands but Client Crashes at you click the okay botton on the Moongate Menue.

Is anyone else having this problem? or is it just us?

It is rather annoying since we use the moongate so much and client crash over 15+ times a day

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really just guessing here, but player housing can be placed pretty close to the Homare-Jima gate. Is there a house near that gate on Chesapeake with a lot of stuff in it? Perhaps a house with lots of vendors and/or parrots? Does going under Options - Miscellaneous on your paperdoll and decreasing the number of houses your client caches help any? Does rebooting and trying again help?

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
We will try the house catche and see what happens.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im on atl & i have the same prob at times :(

crashes at luna, but when i reload im in tokuno

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Aye we crash in Luna then when back in game are in Tokuno.

U

uoBuoY

The last few months I've been crashing a lot with gates and recalls on Baja in 2D. Gating between Spirituality and Luna bank is a problem while recalling between Luna Bank and my house in Malas also crashes. At least they're safe locations!