• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Monstrous Interred Grizzle

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will grizzle spit acid at archery attacks? I hunted grizzle yesterday with my boyfriend. I had my tamer and he brought a mage. The mage was boring for him so we're thinking to bring his archer next time, unless it's going to make a mess of things. :)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The archer needs to stand 6 or more tiles away from the MIG in order to not have acid spat at him.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i would suggest a bow instead of a crossbow for the added distance

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to you both. We're going to take his archer next time and try it out.

W

WalterRuether

Make sure your bow does not have spell effects that will get you spit on.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Doesnt work.. Grizzle got his range all over the place (not like Lady Mel).. Ive tested it 3x last two days

You have to get hishest possible stamina you can get (210 ideal) use repeating crossbow and have at least 35 ssi (to get 1.25 swing rate while under -60ssi debuff). Ive tried to hunt grizzle with just solo archertamer and i was able to use only consume dmaage on my disco cu and it was enough even when i was spamming with hit lightening repeating crossbow.

Im working now on repeating crossbow with Mana Drain, Hit Fatigue, lightening, mana leech, velocity and 10ssi from enhancing (i have 25 from quip so ill be shooting with rate 1.25 even when grizzle uses -60ssi debuff)