• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Monsters that loot you should not allowed to vanish in a puff of smoke

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Lord Drakelord

Fighting a lich and wisp in Serpent's Hold, lost connection, came back as ghost, pet was auto stabled, and saw the message that I was being looted by the lich.

Getting res and dressed once more I summon my pet and commanding it to follow me I ran back to where I had died, only to see the spawn gone, some vanishing right in front of me in puffs of black smoke. The lich gone with my bag, now I feel as if I was robbed of a chance to get my bag back, and really wish you could fix this "bug" to give us a chance to get our stuff back.

Now I have to get another bag and the goodies it carries.

And I am sending this in as a bug report as well at the Feedback at UO.com.

P

packrat

That happened to me last night. I lost my bag of regs and my cursed armor of fortune that the lich looted from my body.
I died got rezed in a matter of seconds and as I told my pet to attack, the lich went up in a ball of black smoke. I never had a chance to retrieve my items. Pretty :thumbdown: if you ask me.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is a big problem - the devs apparently forgot, making this batch of event creatures, that they'd made all the event creatures going back to the Britain invasion as being unable to loot, and promised to keep it that way.

L

love2winalot

Yea, that sucks. How dare there be any penalty for getting killed.:confused:

P

packrat

I dont mind them looting as long as we have a chance to kill the monster that looted us and get our things back. To make monsters that loot and vanish 5 seconds after they loot is just a little crazy.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I lost a bag yesterday in Serp's Hold just the same way.

I died, resurrected and went after the lich that looted me only to have him vanish.

If they are looting players they shouldn't be able to vanish.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same thing happen in Cove last night.

I died of poison, watched the Lich Loot my bag (just food and an exceptional tamborine). Got Rez'd, got the Cu and went looking for the Lich. Everyone looked for that Lich and we never did find it. We did find one that was kind of in the vicinity but it didn't have the pouch

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
LOL, at least devs did something right. :thumbup:
Loosing items should always be a risk, even in Trammel.
A PK in old days would not wait for you to be back with your pet or half of Brit bank if he got a nice loot from your body, he would vanish too :lol:

V

Veganite

LOL, at least devs did something right. :thumbup:
Loosing items should always be a risk, even in Trammel.
A PK in old days would not wait for you to be back with your pet or half of Brit bank if he got a nice loot from your body, he would vanish too :lol:
As much as I would hate this happening to me, I have to agree with you. I'd like to see the Dev's add a chance for that looter to spawn somewhere else in the world with the stuff he looted.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, but when a PK leaves with your stuff, they have to leg it out of there, because of the "wouldst thou flee in the heat of battle?" message/departure block.

If the looting creature didn't despawn, I wouldn't mind it. Even after a PK kills you, you STILL have a chance of meeting them somewhere and returning the favor, be it a few minutes, hours or days, later. You won't necessarily get YOUR stuff back, but you can do back to them what was done to you.

These liches (and to a lesser extent, some of the other red creatures) just DESPAWN as a group, without warning, reason or rhyme.

By God, if players can't leave a PvP battlefield via spell with loot because of getting the "Heat of Battle" message, the freaking event monsters shouldn't be able to leave with our stuff, without running away on foot, either - be it Fel or Tram, regular or SP shard rules. Sure, someone else might kill them, get our stuff - or the corpse rot before we get back. But just having them disappear is BS - especially since I've had it happen while I WAS LOCKED IN COMBAT with the creature that looted someone. It literally vanished at a point where the next hit would have killed it, even if it had healed. Not even PKs can do that - at least not without running away on foot.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As much as I would hate this happening to me, I have to agree with you. I'd like to see the Dev's add a chance for that looter to spawn somewhere else in the world with the stuff he looted.
Ok the first one was a free pass .....

Ok, you want to laugh at RULE VIOLATIONS of a play style? Fine then lets laugh AT YOUR RULE CHANGES/BUGS.

Lets laugh when YOU can not engage another player in Felluca no matter what. Lets laugh when YOU can not loot any corpses period.

Lets have one big laugh at YOU when the rules YOU expect to be on your side of the fence become changed / bugged.

Lets do that and when YOU whine, why of course the other side will CHEER, Laugh etc at the deterioration of YOUR RULE SET.

Square Peg, Round Hole, Sledge Hammer. Mind set -> Pick up Sledge Hammer and FORCE/BEAT the Square Peg into the Round Hole. :lame:

No chance for the concept of "I am going to protect the Rule Set of the other side of the fence. Not because I like them or want to play by them, BUT BECAUSE BY DOING SO I CAN PROTECT MY RULE SET".

No, by all means it is far superior to Laugh at, Mock etc the BUGS that occur that cause problems for the other group.

IF we are going to be a UO COMMUNITY, then WE need to respect and stand up for the other side. Not because we LIKE them or want to BE THEM, but because by doing that WE THE COMMUNITY stand united in our stance/voice/presence to OSI (EA/Mythic(?)).

Doing that WE THE UO COMMUNITY do NOT come off as a gang deriding each others play style, attacking each other as if we want them to be removed from the game <- AKA Revenue Stream that keeps the doors open.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Looting creatures are fine, however looting creatures that go "poof" are NOT fine. Definately a bug that should be addressed.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any time your around looting monsters take about 10 stacks of 10 gold and put them in the top of your pack, they almost always go for the gold first.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If only it were true, aarons6.

It's based on the NPC resale gold value of the item taken.

So, if you have 10 stacks of 10 gold, they are almost certain for the bag with 5 of each mage reg instead. Or, the piece of armor you looted off a dark wisp. Or, the bag with 3 gems in it. Or, of course, your stack of 11 or more bandages.

The gold trick only works if you have nothing of value in your pack that isn't insurable.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like the idea of letting the looter respawn once with the loot.

L

Lord Drakelord

As much as I understand what some are putting here, I don't like the idea of the monster looting me, doing a vanish act, only to appear somewhere else farther away from where it looted me. I want a chance to get my stuff back, I do not want it to vanish in a puff of black smoke, if its loots you it should remain on the battlefield till someone kills it.

If someone else kills it they should not see the bag right away till the normal time has passed on most dead corpes, where loot rights are open to any and all, but if the owner of the bag should appear before that time and open the body he/she should be able to get thier property back.

So how about it folks, give us a chance to get our stuff back!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yeah, but when a PK leaves with your stuff, they have to leg it out of there, because of the "wouldst thou flee in the heat of battle?" message/departure block.
Some will stealth away and some will be free of the agressore flag before you are back.

If the looting creature didn't despawn, I wouldn't mind it. Even after a PK kills you, you STILL have a chance of meeting them somewhere and returning the favor, be it a few minutes, hours or days, later. You won't necessarily get YOUR stuff back, but you can do back to them what was done to you.
I agree it sounds like it is a little bugged but it works. If a lich kill you, new liches will respawn and you can kill them just like you can with the PK if you are lucky to find him.

These liches (and to a lesser extent, some of the other red creatures) just DESPAWN as a group, without warning, reason or rhyme.
Maybe they should stealth away if they looted someone and then recall out to an other place.
If someone else kill them, they should have full looting right and be able to get your stuff as you lose your right to your items when you die.

By God, if players can't leave a PvP battlefield via spell with loot because of getting the "Heat of Battle" message, the freaking event monsters shouldn't be able to leave with our stuff, without running away on foot, either - be it Fel or Tram, regular or SP shard rules.
On SP, that's not a problem, because when you die, everything drop on your body so you can't just rez and go back and fight, unless you are a tamer. Your killer will have enough time to get away before you are ready to fight again. If you want your stuff back, you need to call in friends or hope for mercy from the PK so you maybe can buy it back.

I to hate loosing my items but it would be boring without. Maybe that's why I don't play normal shards :p

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminds me on the time, in which I still used to sort all stuff and loot in a box in my backpack.
Fought a group of Brigands on the South Trinsic bridge then. They managed to lag kill me and one of those started to loot my corpse.
Well 2 steps later another NPC decided to yell for guards.
The guard arrived, the red NPC was quickly eliminated, and with him my precious box, which he just looted.
*Salute*
Olahorand

L

Lord Drakelord

Another thing that is getting my goat with this Vanguard spawning of minions, you are beating the crap out it, it calls for aid, summoning its minion to where it is, then takes a powder on you leaving you to face the summon spawn. Then as you are fighting the spawning, they all vanish in a puff of smoke, leaving you hitting empty air. :wall: :mad: