• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Monkey Heads... Who wil ride it out for day, Who will change Date

• Thread starter imported_herk1287
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_herk1287

I like the monkeys personally, its only for 24 hours, what does everyone think HeHe

I

imported_Mavric

I wonder if EA Land will do the monkey heads?

Mavric

N

NightFlyer

I don't change my date but avoid the game for April 1st.

If they change this for the first time in years I may login.

The monkey heads are just creepy.

Although it might be fun to see the free players reactions...*thinks about that one*

I

imported_herk1287

I guess u wont be loggin that day, becasue they will be there Lol

G

i was never really a huge fan of the heads , but its nice for a day... could be fun , just for a change

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they will because it's probably still scripted into the game. I don't mind them, whatever, lol. It's not like our heads are that attractive anyway

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I like the monkeys personally, its only for 24 hours, what does everyone think HeHe

[/ QUOTE ]

The heads are the least of it. The random "monkey speak" that invades conversations is much more annoying (and not funny after the first five minutes).

It was mildly funny to see mimes who only provide smilies for convo break into monkey speech on April 1.

This year, so I hear, the devs are busy working to provide us with the "other end" of the monkey for some of our heads.

R

Rosebush3333

I will keep the monkeyheads. I can't say that they are cute in any way though, and I wont take my pets out because they just look miserable with those big old heads on their bodies. I think the sayings can be funny when they pop up at the right time.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I always ride it out, and then I take screen shot pics all day. lol
Last year we had travel club and decided to throw a monkey wedding at one of the properties we were visiting. It was so much fun. CinnaSweet was my wife, or husband, or...well who can really tell when you're a monkey right? hehe.

V

ValarieNicoleBF

I will be changing the date...hopefully this year I remember to change it back

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

Oh good grief. i forgot about the monkey heads. Eh, it's only one day. I creeps me out too. I'll skill a sim or something. Not too many interactions. *cringe*

G

We already know about it so it is sort of defeating the purpose if they do show up. It was so funny the first time, when it was actually a suprise. They should do something new or not at all.

G

I was thinking that too Rachel, but then I thought about the newer players, and it'd be new to them.. (those who just started playing)

Either way it aint no thang to me

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]

this is already in the database. you can change your date anytime to 1st april and you will see the monkey heads

M

mameloot

What do you mean by change date?
Change the date on our PC?
Or is there some way to change the date in-game?

mame

S

SNV10

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]

this is already in the database. you can change your date anytime to 1st april and you will see the monkey heads

[/ QUOTE ]

That is NOT true. If you change your PC's date to april 1st, there will be no monkey heads.

Where did you come up with this ideA?.. lol

G

It always worked before! I heard someone last night say they could see them. They had changed the date. It has always been like that.
People in dif parts of the world will start seeing them at midnight in their timezone.

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is NOT true. If you change your PC's date to april 1st, there will be no monkey heads.

Where did you come up with this ideA?.. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you diss someone do your research. If you change the computer date you will see the monkey heads prematurely. I was unaware that my laptop date was off and voila I saw the monkey heads on everyone.

B

BearlyWrong

I think it would be cuter if they could do different heads for different sims kind of random ...along with different sayings

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's very original. But what is these days.. Not going to bother putting my clocks forward though, as I have to work today and won't get much time later on to play anyway.

Can't wait for the day we get some originality from the Devs.. &lt;coughs&gt;

G

Yes, we will continue with the tradition of April Fool's day with the monkey heads and funny remarks.

To answer the original question in this thread: I will move mine forward. A few weeks ago Larry and I both agreed that <u>Planet of the Apes</u> scarred and frightened us when we were young. It is for that reason that I cannot look at the monkey heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.