• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Money Drains

• Thread starter imported_remflyer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_remflyer

I think our game needs more money drains but ones that are enticing and not punitive. I liked the idea someone posted about EA creating more rare pets and allowing sell back on pet carriers only. This has always been a fun and great money drain.

Suzi Q's post on skilling options gave me another idea. What if we could pay EA in simoleans for a faster than 118% skilling speed. Not sure the best way to implement this but one idea would be to have special objects for each skill that when you clicked on them would offer you a menu of speed and prices. EA would deduct simoleans from your avatar's account for every minute that you used that skill object. Skill houses would then have to purchase the new skilling objects if they wished to offer this service. The new skill objects could look like the old ones but with an icon attached to show they were super skilling objects.

What other things would entice you to willingly part with your hard earned simoleans?

G

I would never pay to skill! That's quite weird.

Do you honestly want to pay for Skilling? Do you pay for it in Real Life?

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

People pay teachers in game. I paid when I went to college...the RL skilling.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The newest and one of the best drains on the economy right now is Custom Content. As more players are able to create and upload content , the more money we will drain out of the economy. New ways of creating more content are being added all the time. The skinnable objects being introduced is much easier than creating objects and will be more widely used.

The ability for players to keep their lots open when they are not home should be a fee based service. I believe many store owners would pay to keep their stores open when they are away. In fact, many property owners might like to keep their places open to the public when they are gone. This would even encourage people to create more zoos, theme parks and museums.

Custom clothing would be are large drain on the economy. The demand for new clothes is endless.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

I would never pay to skill! That's quite weird.

Do you honestly want to pay for Skilling? Do you pay for it in Real Life?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would pay to get a faster skilling speed. I have paid teachers in the game to teach my avatar. Now that some of my avatars are teachers people pay me. In rl I paid my college tuition and I have also paid to have access to special libraries. For learning many new skills I would most likely have to pay someone or some school to teach me. I don't see anything weird about that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

People pay teachers in game. I paid when I went to college...the RL skilling.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL so true

G

Pet pulls have always been a great drain, I wish they would make them a possibility again, and if they were to add more rare breeds, money would drain fast. But at 0 sell back, and outrageous prices per carrier, there is just no way it will happen.

I think EA should sell fruit and or sell skill points, possibly even locks, those are things many people would pay for.

As for skilling, I think that our subscription fees pay enough for the boredom of skilling, even at faster speeds, it's still boring.

G

A nice country club with dining area, golf course (sim golf added!), other amenities would be a nice addition

$3000/sim month...

I know...pretty far-fetched but would be fun.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

A nice country club with dining area, golf course (sim golf added!), other amenities would be a nice addition

$3000/sim month...

I know...pretty far-fetched but would be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

That WOULD be fun! $3k/sim month is pretty steep. I'd do it for $1.5k/sim month. It would have to be ALWAYS open because peeps are paying, or else you would get complaints.
*shutting up now*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think our game needs more money drains but ones that are enticing and not punitive. I liked the idea someone posted about EA creating more rare pets and allowing sell back on pet carriers only. This has always been a fun and great money drain.

Suzi Q's post on skilling options gave me another idea. What if we could pay EA in simoleans for a faster than 118% skilling speed. Not sure the best way to implement this but one idea would be to have special objects for each skill that when you clicked on them would offer you a menu of speed and prices. EA would deduct simoleans from your avatar's account for every minute that you used that skill object. Skill houses would then have to purchase the new skilling objects if they wished to offer this service. The new skill objects could look like the old ones but with an icon attached to show they were super skilling objects.

What other things would entice you to willingly part with your hard earned simoleans?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a great idea, it would also help in other ways as well.
Lots of people complain about skilling, anything offered there could only help reduce the amount of disgruntled players.
I suggested pet pulling and the new rares.
To add to that I feel 2 new rares could be added very easily.
All the devs would have to do is change the color on the robo pets and call them mark 2 or something.
Both of these ideas could be implemented rather easily and would reduce the amount of time that we seem to have to wait for the economy to repair itself.

I have also just thought of something else that I think needs to be done to get a decent drain happening.
I will start a new thread so as not to effect yours as I think yours should be seriously looked at.
I wish more people would put a little thought into what could be and needs to be done.
I think the devs are either stuck for ideas or don't realize what it means to let things play out the way they are.

G

Sorry, looks like I put the kiss of death on your thread.
Every time I place a post in a thread lately the thread seams to die.
The other thread I started didn't even get 1 reply so I guess maybe I should stop posting.

I

imported_remflyer

Threads die on their own, don't stop posting. You have a lot of good ideas! I wasn't around last night and didn't catch your other post. Going to view it now.

G

I would part with some simoleans to get a Robotic Maid...

One-time cost for free cleaning and repairs

I

imported_remflyer

I dream of Servos. One that would cook, clean up and serenade guests. They could sell them for big bucks and even have a recharge fee.

G

One major problem with pets right now is their cost, $99,999 r u serious? and with the discount they are just under $39k. NOBODY even with a sellback implemented is going to attempt pet pulling at 39k each... Nobody has nowhere near the kind of money it'll take just to be lucky enough to find an affy/cheetah let alone the millions that used to be spent to find the harder rares.

Pet prices used to be $600 each and even then people weren't pulling pets.

New rares need to be added as well as the prices dropped along with a sellback feature for them. Heck with all the work involved in adding custom content abilities to tables,chairs,signs,statues,rugs etc adding a few n ew rares by far is not as difficult to do.

This *used* to be a great money drain where all those players who pet hunted easily spent billions finding rares, combined that is, and used to remove a virtual TON of money from thre game daily. In EA-Land/TC3 it simply doesn't and won't happen until the devs wake up to these facts.

For the life of me I do not understand why they ignore these requsts since their main goal is keeping large suns of money out of the game. This here *used* to be the #1 source in ridding the game of excess cash so why do nothing and let this drain die entirely?