• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mods, is there a reason...

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the Catskills Events forum is moderated so tightly? I know we've added a few things in there since Market Day, but they have not appeared.

Just wondering the reasoning behind the forum being moderated so tightly.

- B.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I do not mod these boards in general I don't believe we are to treat the event boards differently, but the items are reviewed to be sure it is not some non-uo related event like; "Big Super Bowl party at Schuyler's Real-Life house on Sunday - BYOB!"

My guess is that Black Sun on Podolak have missed them or now that I think about it I believe there is a "news person" that may be in charge of publishing the events. Sara Swift perhaps?

Either way I am sure it will be sorted shortly!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Should just pm a moderator and ask about specific posts.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just checked, there are no events awaiting approval for Catskills shard. There are two events posted on the main event board: UO Events - Stratics Forums
Do you want them moved to Catskills event board?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I got a little tied up this afternoon.
I try to clear any event posts as soon as I see them, but on the off chance you post something and it hasn't shown up on the calendar within 24 hours of submitting it, PM me just to make sure I'm aware it's there. Sometimes notification emails get lost along the way or my spam guard decides I'm getting too much email from those stratics people.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, I think I've even put in a few events myself into the Catskills Events forum, like the Lover's Dance... I also added that to the UO General Events because we invited folks from all shards. So if that's not there, I am not sure what happened. Bianca I think put in the event for the New Years' Grand Ball.

Think we should just PM our reporters/moderators from now on then?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Continue to use the events board please, but send a 'headsup' pm to one of the mods or reporters. We'll try to work out why they're not appearing as they should.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Continue to use the events board please, but send a 'headsup' pm to one of the mods or reporters. We'll try to work out why they're not appearing as they should.
Poke it with a stick!