• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Modding Help Please

W

Whinemaker

I thought the last Tokuno Event was the last straw for me, but I got an email from this Japanese friend the other day asking me to come back... and I thought what the hack my Japanese could use some brushing up... so here I am again.

Anyway long story short, I want to have my client run in Japanese but use the ItemPropertiesEvaluator with it. I've asked the very same question for KR before, and I think the (simple) solution was to force the Paperdoll dialogue to display everything in English no matter what language your client runs in.

So my question/help request is, does anyone know how to make the Paperdoll display nothing but English?
(I think the old technique involved messing with the ChatText, but I have no idea how to do that for this client.)

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers.

K

ksaga

Hello Whinemaker

Lua script is just getting System messages from system and showing it.
So you couldn't change system massages against language setting.

Today I made a mod that changes some font settings to show Japanese strings (and other unicode strings) even in English mode (again). I'm recently away from UO. So it took a while to make the mod, sorry ^^;

http://uorui.suingo.com/files/FontI18n.zip

Just put the folder into your Mods folder in your Copper_Enhanced or something. I tried it with Copper_Enhanced downloaded today, but it will work with other skins as wall I guess.

Please let me know if there is any missing thing.