• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mobs with low phys

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I have an 85% lesser hiryu I want to train, but obviously I need to know what I'm killing to build it. What do you kill with your lesser hiryu? What build do run?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have an 85% lesser hiryu I want to train, but obviously I need to know what I'm killing to build it. What do you kill with your lesser hiryu? What build do run?
I run a disco tamer with a bushido greater hiryu. Between discord and grasping claw I use it on everything. There may be faster killing pets but it hasn't died, even in Roof.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I run a disco tamer with a bushido greater hiryu. Between discord and grasping claw I use it on everything. There may be faster killing pets but it hasn't died, even in Roof.
Ya I was thinking a bush build too. What do you feel it does the best on?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here are a bunch of bosses with resists and damage.Category:Bosses - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Look at the resists and damages.
If you like keys, Dreadhorn is perfect for a Hiryu. Notice she does poison damage.

Lessers are disposable pets. They all have plenty of points to get all the bells and whistles.
If yours is not a color I'd put it down but that's me.

Decide what you want to kill and build the pet around that.

You read the tamer forum. You know what builds and resist settings I would use. But build many of them. I have >25 built Lessers and Hiryus. Its all about the color. A good trainer can make any work.

Hiryus get 1 ability and 1 magic. Build on TC so you know the order.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here are a bunch of bosses with resists and damage.Category:Bosses - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Look at the resists and damages.
If you like keys, Dreadhorn is perfect for a Hiryu. Notice she does poison damage.

Lessers are disposable pets. They all have plenty of points to get all the bells and whistles.

Decide what you want to kill and build the pet around that.

You read the tamer forum. You know what builds and resist settings I would use. But build many of them. I have >25 built Lessers and Hiryus. Its all about the color. A good trainer can make any work.

Hiryus get 1 ability and 1 magic. Build on TC so you know the order.
Ya I heard high % lessers are rather easy to get. I'm assuming that's why people only want rare colors. Thx for the link, I was looking for that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They can get the benefit of all magic abilities so you can build one with each magic and learn what each magic does. They will all be killing machines so you will want a different color for each magic and then you will have to have one of each color. The addiction will be strong in you.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They can get the benefit of all magic abilities so you can build one with each magic and learn what each magic does. They will all be killing machines so you will want a different color for each magic and then you will have to have one of each color. The addiction will be strong in you.
Pokemo, err, uhhh, UO pet system is very addicting

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a bunch of training points left on TC even after scrolling. I did feint/bush. What should I do with these points? Already at 700 hp and 700 mana, should I add more?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a bunch of training points left on TC even after scrolling. I did feint/bush. What should I do with these points? Already at 700 hp and 700 mana, should I add more?
i would not put a whole lot of mana personally. unless you are going to do smaller mobs with a quick fight, that will require a mana pool. if you are going to fight bosses (a long fight) 300 would be fine because after the pool is used up the mana regen is what you use. just my personal view on it of course.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Double and triple check. Regins? Stam Max? Resists? Base damage? Str?

I do greaters I haven't done a lesser yet.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Double and triple check. Regins? Stam Max? Resists? Base damage? Str?

I do greaters I haven't done a lesser yet.
Str maxed, base damage maxed, Stam max. 20 hpr, 10sr,30mr. I guess I could up resists a little more in one's I didn't plan to need, even then I'll have points left over

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes you just end up with 1000hp pets by no fault of your own.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As long as you have Maxxed the damage per second you can put the points where you want them. Max the intel and rest in HP and Mana as you see fit.

This is why a say lessers are disposable if they dont have a color. Any of them will make a good guild.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As long as you have Maxxed the damage per second you can put the points where you want them. Max the intel and rest in HP and Mana as you see fit.

This is why a say lessers are disposable if they dont have a color. Any of them will make a good guild.
I maxed str, which means I only have about 350 int right now. Is that wrong? Also I forgot to add a 120 bush scroll, so I have less points left over than I thought.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya after the scroll. Should get 370 int.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya after the scroll. Should get 370 int.
Ty, I wasn't expecting this thing to be so good. Tried it out a few places, and wow great tank with feint AND still good dps. Now I must find more colors!

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty, I wasn't expecting this thing to be so good. Tried it out a few places, and wow great tank with feint AND still good dps. Now I must find more colors!
Wait until it gains bush!

I've got colored greaters on atl if interested.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Eh?? Sure, they all get up to a workable build, but the range at which they spawn is SO wide it serves one well to scout a bit for a good one, not just colors. Mostly the colored ones seem under average anyway, though that is of course random. Rather have 125 Hp extra than a fancy color?