• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Missing Past Admin/Staff

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This link:
http://stratics.com/team (Past Admin and Staff tabs)

Would you please add my name under both please. Assia Penryn

Many years ago I was an admin for the trade section. It was when we originally split and made separate shard trade forums. I've also held other titles over my many years and multiple times volunteering... News Manager, Reporter, Moderator

While I am no longer a volunteer, I have put 1000's of hours into it and would appreciate being remembered. Thank you. :grouphug:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm slowly working through the archives to confirm who was staff. People will be listed on only one of the two sections depending their highest level on contribution. So if you were a reporter then became a manager or administrator, you will only appear on the Past Administration section. If you only ever contributed as a reporter or moderator, you will show up on the Past Staff section.

The way I'm confirming is by going through the archives which date all the way back to 1998. I seek out a staff page and compare names. I will only post if a name shows up on a previously published staff page as I cannot confirm by any other avenue. If Rico was staff *cough* when I find his name listed on a staff page, then he will appear on the Past Staff lists.

It takes a wee bit of time to go back over everything. Some people only contributed a few months while others years... so I'm having to check every archive resource I can get my fingers to find. I will do the best I can. :)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, Rico is only a tenth of the tit that he was a decade ago, these days :p

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i like how it has 'staff alumnus' on my badge here in the forum but does not have me listed on those lists.

hello left hand meet the right hand.

those lists should go a little more into detail too, no?
some people only did one forum and some people did many.
its a totally different job. doing a shard forum is cake. doing a forum like uhall is like wearing a bacon covered suit in a piranha tank.

i should know i did the Sonoma, Factions, Felucca Tavern, Bard and Uhall and that kept me hopping around.
then id talk to others who only did one shard forum and they would not doing anything for 6 months.
its a different amount of contribution - thats all im trying to say!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I am going to sticky this thread to avoid me having to hunt everything down again and post in new threads. :)

The listing of past Stratics Volunteers on the Stratics Team Page (http://stratics.com/team) is a way of acknowledging and appreciating the hard work and dedication by the hundreds of people who have together made Stratics what it is today. It is only by the whim of the corporate entity owning Stratics and the willingness of the current staff that these names appear on the site. There is no "requirement" for acknowledge. Consider the lists as an homage to those who have given their heart to a community and game they love from those who feel the same who strive to continue the legacy.

If a past Stratics Volunteer does not appear in these lists at this time, it may be due to the fact that gathering the information supportive of an individual's contribution is not always that simple. Records are, at best, scattered. The best way to ensure a particular individual was, indeed, a Stratics Volunteer... is to hunt down and scour through almost 18 years worth of internet archives. This is no small task.

There are two lists on the Stratics Team page dedicated to the past volunteers:
  • Administration (Seniors, Administrators, Managers, Executives, etc.)
  • Staff (Moderators, Editors who were not Managers, Reporters, Staff Writers, other non-Managerial positions, etc.).
For the sake of clarity and to avoid really jumbling the lists to the point of never being read, the listing of past volunteers will be compiled as such:
  1. All volunteers will have only their Stratics nik-name listed a single time in one of three lists on the page
  2. The only lists that will display on the Stratics Team page are...
    1. Current Staff
    2. Past Administration
    3. Past Staff
  3. No real names of any Stratics volunteer will be used
  4. Only Stratics nik-names that display on a previously published Stratics Staff Page in archives dating back to December, 1998 will be listed
  5. All volunteers will be listed in Alphabetical order with the exception of Current Staff, who may be displayed by section of responsibility
  6. If a past volunteer started as a Reporter, but was eventually "promoted" to a Managing Editor position, they will find their name moved from the Past Staff tab and moved to the Past Administration tab
    1. This applies to all other "promotions" of volunteers. See list item #1
  7. Positions past volunteers served as will not be listed, as many past volunteers wore several hats and helped in many ways that go over and beyond their "official title" within the Stratics structure
  8. As the Stratics structure has changed several times over the years, the only people who will show any "official title" will be currently active volunteers

The only way I am able to confirm who is past staff is by going over the oldest archives and only if that staffer was listed on a static page as staff. Most data-fed archives are eternally lost as the databases behind them are utterly gone. I've started working from the oldest archives (in 1998) and am still going through them. As of this post I just started to get into the Y2k archives. This process will take time until finished.

A quote about the restoration process from another thread:

It is my goal to restore as much of the oldest Stratics and UOSS content as feasible. However, it is time consuming and sometimes nerve wracking, particularly when working to stabilize and manage a robust, living website as we have here. I might follow a series of links, only to be presented with a 404 message, meaning whatever it is I might be tracking down is, utterly, gone.

There are some rules we have to follow in this process...
  1. Anything restored will be restored AS IS. There is no editing of the content that gets restored, including old (and sometimes inflammatory) posts if found.
  2. Post count from these archives will NOT apply to present accounts. There is just no way to know with 100% certainty who a person was. Even I suffered a couple of dopplegangers around 2003.
  3. Anything restored will be presented in a static format, meaning it will not be contained within the forum, but a special part of Stratics that with some tenderness might be searchable.
  4. All content associated to the Stratics website(s) is, indeed, copyrighted and owned (now) by Bazaaro Community, Inc. which can be reproduced in any format so designated. We make all attempts to ensure the accuracy of restored content, linking to sources if/when available.

That is how I am getting all of the past staffer's (Stratics) names.
To clarify, the content being restored will be prioritized:
  1. Ultima Online content has higher priority over any other game ever supported by Stratics
  2. Archived forums that can be converted to Guides
  3. Archived forums that relate to Player Events and Activities
  4. General Archived forums
There are other categories, but that is my current priority list.

~~~~~~

If a Stratics Volunteer appears on any of the Stratics Team lists and wishes to be removed, we will honor a PM'd request to myself @Kirthag and/or @Ron Bron
We will not remove a by-line on previously published materials or change authorship for those who have changed names.

Articles written by past staff has their by-line, as should be. We are also combing through 17 years worth of archives to compile a list of past staffers and displaying it. If they do not wish to be recognized on the boards or on the Past Staff lists, that is their perogative - but their by-lines are added in by programming and are not being removed. That is a publishing standard.

If anyone has any general questions about the Stratics Team page and the listings that are general, feel free to post here.

Last edited:

utilitron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was a reporter for LS for a while, it was cool to see my name in there.

Unfortunately, my old account is long gone, so I had to make a new one. :(

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH ME ME ME ME ME!

I headed up the EVE Online Portal in 2009, and was IRC volunteer even before that.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not quite to 2009 yet! But when I reach there and verify the files, then by all means Speranza. :)