• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Miss Siege 2011 - sign-up thread

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the sign-up thread for an event which is to be held on Sunday 15th May at 3pm Eastern [8pm UK]. Registration will remain open for a couple of weeks.

Fed up of the constant catfights between Sara Dale and Queen Zen? Angered by the constant “mirror, mirror” spam that Shalimar throws out in general chat? Do you think that Freja should be on the cover of the next issue of Playmage? Well now, at last, the question of who is the fairest of them all can be put to rest as we present our first official shard beauty pageant. Ladies who enter will be appraised in four areas and she who finishes with the highest score will be crowned Miss Siege 2011. And just to ensure a fair competition, we will be bringing in independent judges from outside the shard with a mixture of 2d and EC clients.

The contestants will be assessed in the following categories, although should there be a high number of entries it may become necessary to have an elimination after the first one or two rounds:

Evening wear - Like all ladies, those on Siege will want to look as glamorous as possible when needed. Here the contestants will be judged on overall appearance in their finest clothing including coordination of colours and accessories.

Talent show - One cannot rely solely on looks to survive here on Siege; every lady must be able to earn a living in some other way. Each contestant will be given two to three minutes [time to be decided once entry list is finalized] to demonstrate some talent, be it dancing, telling jokes, poetry, animal training, feats of magic, or whatever. Judges will be looking at the overall competence and originality of the display.

Combat wear - Every lady on Siege must be able to defend herself when needed. Here the judges will be looking for those that can appear both fearsome and glamorous at the same time. Beauty and the beast indeed.

Personality - If all else fails, a lady can always try charming her way out of a sticky situation. Every contestant will be asked questions by the judges. Scores will be based on clarity of speech (that is spelling & punctuation, with allowances made if English is not a first language), humour and cheesiness of answers!

Prizes for the event are being furnished by our main sponsor Max Painfactor, Sosaria's largest cosmetics company. In addition to awarding the lady crowned Miss Siege a one year contract to model its new blusher range for vampires, the company will be promoting the new Magincia Number Five fragrance by awarding her a plot (E4) in the city.

Entry Requirements:
Characters must pre-register to enter. To do so, please post here with your character name and your current title (the area, place or institution that you will be representing). Acceptable titles are your guild (e.g. Miss Myth, Miss Outsider); a player or NPC town which you live near, frequent or have some connection to (e.g. Miss Vesper, Miss Wispwood); or an area/dungeon/island that you live near, frequent or have a connection to (e.g. Miss Despise, Miss Twisted Weald, Miss Marble Island). Gilfane members may also use their House name (e.g. Miss Silvanus, Miss Vernia). Titles must be unique, so you may not choose one which has already been taken.

Entry List:
Adrianas - Miss Nemesis
Faenwen - Miss Dark Outlaw
Sara Dale - Miss Silverwood
Czarina - Miss Vernia
Freja - Miss Safe Haven
Desdemona Lyre - Miss Skara Brae
Xune - Miss Ter Mur
Liriel - Miss NEW
Falon of Eldor - Miss Zento South
Leawyn II - Miss Vorrak
Guardian KX - Miss Ice Island

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
haven't got my work schedule for that weekend. I'll let ya know.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miss Nemesis Adrianas, always being ahead of the game, shall be the first fine lady to sign up for this auspicious event. . . .

(Sign up Adrianas please.)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will get my schedule for May in about a week. If I don´t work I will sign up.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*signs up*

Not sure about the title, could be:

Miss Vampireness
Miss Safe Haven
Miss Queen of the Outlaws ?

Maybe some do have better ideas for a title for me.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waves to Freja* Titles are supposed to be that of a town/location or institution. For you, I don't think there can be a better title than Miss Safe Haven as that is where most of the people that know you would associate you with.

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Desdemona Lyre, proprietress of the "Adder's Lair Fish Market and Grog Shoppe" will enter representing her home port of Scara Brea.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have to work, but I want to hear all about it!!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*waves to Freja* Titles are supposed to be that of a town/location or institution. For you, I don't think there can be a better title than Miss Safe Haven as that is where most of the people that know you would associate you with.
Ok I will sign in as Freja, Miss Safe Haven then :)

X

Xune

*washes off mining dust*

*signs up*

Xune, Miss Ter Mur

fairly NEW

L

LirielB

I shall sign up as well with Liriel.
my title as suggested to me, will be "miss NEW" ;)

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am away for a few days and so the entry list will not be updated again until next week.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Registers, Falon of Eldor, Crafter of EVE, Miss Zento South :)

*hopes Spree enters*

@Hoffs; fixed...TY

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Titles should be a place or institution, as outlined in the first post.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please can all contestants reply to the PM I sent a few days ago!

And there is still time for last-minute entrants providing you reply swiftly to my information requests.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last minute sign-up.

Leawyn II - Miss House Vorrak

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I sadly have take back my sign up for this event. I'm not well this evning so I have to stay in my bed. I hope you all will have a wonderfull evning and good luck to all the ladies tho are trying to be Miss Siege.

P

PuddyMae

Sorry you wont be able to make it Freja. I hope you get to feeling better soon.