• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Misleading ad for LOTRO.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not once in LOTRO AFAIK do you ever play as the Ringbearer. You play as a peripheral character not related to the famous Fellowship of the Ring, so I feel the ad for LOTRO espousing the player to not let the One Ring get into enemy hands is false. I could be wrong, though.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are times when you interact with either people crucial to the fellowship OR places that the fellowship travelled (Weathertop was one of my favorite scenarios). The development team has said many times that they did not want to copy the movies, they wanted to have the player feel they are contributing to a much bigger objective (the war for Middle Earth) than just the timeline laid out by the fellowship.