• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MiniSpawns: Take the Arti/Spawn Killed code out!

S

Stupid Miner

It has no place.
Artifact drops seem based on amount of spawn killed. This is good for regular spawns but TERRIBLE for mini spawns.

For example: The pixie renowned, no one ever kills her, so they do the spawn and leave. Then when those who have to clean up after them do kill her... no drops.
It's this way for Ratmen and the Wyvern too. So please take this annoying coding out.

Could you give the [Renowned] the Paragon anti-flee code too?

S

Stupid Miner

Re: MiniSpawns Take the Arti/Spawn Killed code out!

Don't mean to be rude... but you have to understand that 60+ Renowned and only 1 artifact is rather frustrating. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Re: MiniSpawns Take the Arti/Spawn Killed code out!

I see the same thing with the wyvern all the time !

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One problem with this suggestion is that it will encourage people to come along and just kill the renowned as soon as it spawns and do nothing to help with killing the spawn that leads up to that point. The person who took the time to kill all the other spawn for the purpose of spawning the renowned will have wasted their time. I'd rather see things left as they are so that people will do the entire spawn if they're only interested in killing renowneds for artifacts. I've already had people come along and kill the renowned as soon as it pops while I'm working on clearing the rest of the spawn. It isn't a nice situation to be in, especially when you're working one of the spawns that is very spread out and difficult to monitor what's going on with the whole thing.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
they should make it so Renowned does not appear till ALL other spawn is dead, and the other spawn wont appear till renowned is dead!

S

Stupid Miner

One problem with this suggestion is that it will encourage people to come along and just kill the renowned as soon as it spawns and do nothing to help with killing the spawn that leads up to that point. The person who took the time to kill all the other spawn for the purpose of spawning the renowned will have wasted their time. I'd rather see things left as they are so that people will do the entire spawn if they're only interested in killing renowneds for artifacts. I've already had people come along and kill the renowned as soon as it pops while I'm working on clearing the rest of the spawn. It isn't a nice situation to be in, especially when you're working one of the spawns that is very spread out and difficult to monitor what's going on with the whole thing.
Which is why a compromise should be made. Of the percentage that an artifact will drop, the person who worked the most spawn will get a minimum a double chance of receiving an artifact than anyone else. This percent increase is forfeit if the person leaves the champ spawn area for over 5 minutes.

...quite often people actually *want* others to help them with the champion since it's too slow to solo, or too tough to do on their own. The person who just showed up to help out shouldn't have no chance at an artifact, but they definitely should have a diminished chance.
Or, as the SA Peerless are, allow for multiple artifacts from the same boss.

Thesis, antithesis, synthesis! Hooray for postformal cognition! :D

S

Stupid Miner

they should make it so Renowned does not appear till ALL other spawn is dead, and the other spawn wont appear till renowned is dead!
Hm, seems needlessly complex, and I'm not sure how this would solve the problem.
And the latter part is already true, the spawn doesnt respawn until the Renowned is dead, it's actually one of the causes of the current conundrum. (+1 consonantal alliteration and +1 assonance of the "u" :D)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Which is why a compromise should be made. Of the percentage that an artifact will drop, the person who worked the most spawn will get a minimum a double chance of receiving an artifact than anyone else. This percent increase is forfeit if the person leaves the champ spawn area for over 5 minutes.

...quite often people actually *want* others to help them with the champion since it's too slow to solo, or too tough to do on their own. The person who just showed up to help out shouldn't have no chance at an artifact, but they definitely should have a diminished chance.
Or, as the SA Peerless are, allow for multiple artifacts from the same boss.

Thesis, antithesis, synthesis! Hooray for postformal cognition! :D
talk about complex :thumbup1:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
(+1 consonantal alliteration and +1 assonance of the "u" :D)

lol yes teacher !

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Miner -- how do we know there is code to only award artifacts to those that worked the mini-spawn prior to the renown arriving? Are we sure it just isn't a case of the RNG working against you?

If this is how it works it is good to know. I would move on to a mini-spawn that where the renown isn't spawned and work it from the beginning up.

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't think the code you're talking about exists. I've had the Animated Tinker legs from a left Wyvern, and had one of the Splintering Weapon weapons from a left Pixie.

I've done 10 Stygians today with no drop.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I am not sure Miner is correct, but I assume the code is the same as the one for the champ spawn artifacts. You have x chance to get an Item off the boss, and x is increased by y amount of spawn you have cleared. If that is the case, then You of course could get an arti from just killing the boss, but the chances of getting one increase if you actually work the spawn.

I would like to see a Developer say if it is working this way or not though, because I do not know.

S

Stupid Miner

Miner -- how do we know there is code to only award artifacts to those that worked the mini-spawn prior to the renown arriving? Are we sure it just isn't a case of the RNG working against you?

If this is how it works it is good to know. I would move on to a mini-spawn that where the renown isn't spawned and work it from the beginning up.

-OBSIDIAN-
Oh fine, i'll just say it.

If I start with the semi-warranted assumption that my assertion is fact, if it's not true, it'll hopefully provoke a Dev to justify themselves and point out the fact that it's not true.
Which gives us a definitive answer. Currently, all we have is guesswork.

I don't think the code you're talking about exists. I've had the Animated Tinker legs from a left Wyvern, and had one of the Splintering Weapon weapons from a left Pixie.
Was afraid of this... it means I *have* had impossibly bad luck. :(

C

Cloak&Dagger

Actually, his post of having gotten the item is not proof that the code does not exist, if you look at my post on how the code you refer to works, it could be he just has had extraordinary luck since (assuming the code is there) the chance to get the drop from a boss when you have not worked the spawn would be decreased significantly.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh fine, i'll just say it.

If I start with the semi-warranted assumption that my assertion is fact, if it's not true, it'll hopefully provoke a Dev to justify themselves and point out the fact that it's not true.
Which gives us a definitive answer. Currently, all we have is guesswork.

Don't feel bad sweetie, the RNG hates me too!