• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining on various facets

G

Ok, this may be a noob question, but what is the benefit of mining in Illeshnar over Fellucca. I know in Felucca that each time you get mine each swing you get double the ore (plus the off chance that you are a human and get that random extra stack) and the eles (atleast shadow and above) give you the 25 stacks of ore. Do the paragon eles give you more ore, better loot?? bring me up to speed please.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
as far as Im aware Ishinar is same as trammel except you could get a paragon Elemental and Im not sure if they have more ore than normal as I have problems enough with BRE and regular ELs I know when I get my wood there there are no changes

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Paragon ore elemental chests are rare, and fetch a premium when sold.

Other than that, the main draw is that you have far less competition for the ore, since it is a no-mark facet. If you know how to manage veins to where they don't reset, you can have productive veins that no one else goes to, that rarely (if ever) change.

Of course, mining up a paragon valorite elemental on Swoop Hill, before the buff to the swoop, had its own fun side-effects (the val is immune to pets, summons and spells - alas poor swoop farmers...).