• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mining gems/ mining sand

• Thread starter LORD BOATSWAIN
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

LORD BOATSWAIN

I'm a gm miner but, when I click on my pick axe, and try to set it for mining gems it says "you have not learned how to do this or you do not have enough skill" Also I have tried to purchase a book in ter mur to learn how to mine sand but there is never a book there to buy?? Any help would be appriciated.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you need to buy the book in the gargoyle city in ishnar NOT ter mur If I remember right!

T

Tazar

Or you can use one of the Crystal Portal's to go straight to the town.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
doh i always forget about those

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a book to buy in Ter Mur too, 'Mining for Quality Gems' is bought from the Gargoyle Blacksmith in Royal City at a cost of 10625gp. This book allows a miner to find the small gems sold by npc jewellers and used as one of the basic ingredients for imbuing.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a book to buy in Ter Mur too, 'Mining for Quality Gems' is bought from the Gargoyle Blacksmith in Royal City at a cost of 10625gp. This book allows a miner to find the small gems sold by npc jewellers and used as one of the basic ingredients for imbuing.
This is the book I bought and I do find the typical small gems, is there another book to find the big gems ? Where in Illshenar is the city to buy a mining book ?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the book I bought and I do find the typical small gems, is there another book to find the big gems ? Where in Illshenar is the city to buy a mining book ?
You should be finding the big gems if you are Gm mining . You go to the smith which is to the right of the entrance by the moongate

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no book for finding the large gems, they just come randomly from GM mining