• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining for SALTPETER : Does it work for Ilshenar and Valley of Eodon ? And what about Felucca ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is my understanding, that, in order to have better results with the mining of Saltpeter, it is advisable to do it in a Dungeon.... it can be done from a Ship but the yield is lower as compared to mining in a Dungeon...

Now, my understanding is, that to this purpose, Ilshenar and the Valley of Eodon are considered as "Dungeons"...

So, my question is, would Mining for Saltpeter give good yields when done in Ilshenar or the Valley of Eodon ?

And if so, what about mining in a Dungeon in Felucca ?

How would the Saltpeter yield compare if done in a Dungeon under the Felucca ruleset OR in Ilshenar/Eodon ?

Would there be any difference or it would be the same ?

Thanks !!

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never mined for Saltpeter in Ilshenar or Eodon so cant contest to these areas. However, mining from a boat or dungeon is usually how I mine it. The chances of getting saltpeter is pretty much the same no matter what facet but in Fel, you will get bigger deposits more often.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ilsh counts as dungeon. And build a luck suit. 150 per piece is fine.

Scout an area with warrior then return with miner and fire beetle. Also can have 4 giant beetles in tow if needed.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ilshenar works great, best and safest spot is in the cave outside the Twisted Weald entrance. just walk around the circle mining, the best place though is Felucca Wind. get great results there personally.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ilshenar works great, best and safest spot is in the cave outside the Twisted Weald entrance. just walk around the circle minin
Or, from the Spirituality gate, you can run along the mountain walls on the left clicking every 8 tiles or so until you hit saltpeter, mine it until gone, then continue running north and then east and clicking the rocks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pretty much the entire area from the gates outside Blood (an occasional skeleton wanders up from the courtyard) all the way over to the Sacrifice gate is safe (including the Mushroom cave outside the Weald that is along the way, that others recommend). Step around the rat spawn at Sacrifice, and you can keep going to the server line north of Justice. And, if you're not negative karma (neg karma can get swarm attacked by Oaks spawn, Meer, and fey at the tree), you can keep going north from Blood as well, all the way around to the passes towards compassion's ice area, with nothing tougher than trolls, giant spiders, reapers, and harpies, and hit the mountain face north of Lakeshire as well.

I do most of my mining there with prospector tools and garg picks. I bring along 2 sturdy tools, 8 garg picks and 2 prospector tools.

I swing once with a sturdy tool - it's always with the first swing that niter deposits appear.
Regardless of whether niter appears, I use the PT, then mine the ore out with the GPA, killing eles for their ore as needed.
Then, if there's a niter deposit, I switch back to the sturdy tool and dig it up.

The niter deposits last a lot longer than the ore does, so they can wait until you finish the ore mining from the spot.