• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining/Blackrock question:

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

I missed quite a few details of the current scenario when I was swamped with work, but I did gather that blackrock can now be mined.

My question is this: Does any hapless miner stand a chance of digging up the evil substance, any time and place they currently mine? Or is it (hopefully) only in specific areas?

*has no wish to mine, until assured that there is no chance of inadvertantly ending up with firggerty blackrock*

G

There is a slight, and I do mean slight chance of mining up small fragments of black rock just about anywhere you dig. I dug up a couple of chips in the caves north of Minoc.

G

*smiles* Come on, Dor. Go ahead and dig. Even if you do pull up a piece, just one surely will not hurt. *listens to voices* Yesss... Dig Dor.

S

SavannahSP

I have heard (and this is from a non-miner and has not been tested, so take it with a grain of salt) I have heard that you stand a chance to mine up blackrock anytime you mine inside anything that could be considered a CAVE. Tunnels count.

G

Aye, I've heard they spawn in caves. I know my friend who digs mostly in caves has had several but I mine mountains and haven't had any.

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the patch screen, does anyone know if the applies to Siege about the reduced frequency???

{Origin Shard to be Published
On Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 1:30PM PST (December 21 9:30PM GMT) we will be deploying a publish to the Origin shard.

The update will contain the following changes:
Turned the blackrock Mother Lode spawn and skill gain back on
Reenabled blackrock mining
Reduced frequency of mining blackrock}

Also has anyone attempted the "contest" as they call it on the patch screen with Wexton? He is in moonglow, but I can't get any screens to come up with further instructions. I tried dropping a blackrock on him, it went back to my pack. Any ideas?

D

Dor of Sonoma

Wexton is set up as what is called an 'oracle'...similar to the way NPC bartenders function.

To converse with him, repeat a key word from his previous phrase to you.

You might start out with "Kronos", as that is his master's name. Some others (later in the 'conversation') are 'creation' and, umm...I forget now. Anyway, he is actually located in the Moonglow Lyceaum, to the north of the city proper. You will find him somewhere near the NW area in the Lyceaum

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

Aye, I've heard they spawn in caves. I know my friend who digs mostly in caves has had several but I mine mountains and haven't had any.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't believe I missed this thread.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate, and distrust, black rock. I won't carry it, I won't mine it.

But . . . .. ..

I do have to ask, if blackrock is showing up in caves does that imply blackrock eles are showing up in caves too?

Because if it does I'm so stoning mining back onto Lindisfarne and going mining in the caves near Luna! I can chuck any actual blackrock on the ground, I would certainly never use the damn stuff. But digging out a blackrock ele and dragging it into Luna is a personal dream of mine. And I'd put up with a lot, almost anything, if I could dig one out and drag it into Luna bank!

-abs

M

majorwoo

<blockquote><hr>

There is a slight, and I do mean slight chance of mining up small fragments of black rock just about anywhere you dig. I dug up a couple of chips in the caves north of Minoc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arr! Those caves be near my castle!
That makes them my caverns!
And if you want to be mining them you'd best pay!!

Or else stop in and say hi if you see me running around, that'd work too.

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"But digging out a blackrock ele and dragging it into Luna is a personal dream of mine. And I'd put up with a lot, almost anything, if I could dig one out and drag it into Luna bank!"

This made me flash back to many years ago in Moonglow. I was screwing around one nite on my crafter and decided to dig up a shadow elemental in town. I hit the little ore pile just SE of the Alchy Store near the the tailor and one popped out. He ran all over town terrorrizing people and nobody called for the guards.

Finally, some dexxer showed up and slaughtered him. Way cool.

Jack Nickelson

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't believe I missed this thread.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate, and distrust, black rock. I won't carry it, I won't mine it.

But . . . .. ..

I do have to ask, if blackrock is showing up in caves does that imply blackrock eles are showing up in caves too?

Because if it does I'm so stoning mining back onto Lindisfarne and going mining in the caves near Luna! I can chuck any actual blackrock on the ground, I would certainly never use the damn stuff. But digging out a blackrock ele and dragging it into Luna is a personal dream of mine. And I'd put up with a lot, almost anything, if I could dig one out and drag it into Luna bank!

-abs

[/ QUOTE ]

Already did this! I mine alot near Luna, and have mined up alot of blackrock. One day, I was doing my usual mining and to my surprise a blackrock elly spawned and insta killed me. I went back after ressing, and got it to follow me right to Luna bank. It was quite funny, but the guards can be called on them unfortunately. =)

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

. . . . and got it to follow me right to Luna bank. It was quite funny, but the guards can be called on them unfortunately. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh drat. They can be guarded. Blast. I had visions of a blackrock elemental rampaging through Luna causing chaos and destruction!

Despite Lindisfarne's presence there when he's looking for someone to t-hunt with, since I'm a social sort, I hate that damn city. I feel about it much the way my savage character does. Burn the city down if you can, kill everything in it if you can't, and avoid it as much as you can if that doesn't work.

-abs

M

majorwoo

<blockquote><hr>

Burn the city down if you can, kill everything in it if you can't, and avoid it as much as you can if that doesn't work.

-abs

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to test shard.

A

absimiliard

Yes, that does put a dreamy look in my eyes. TC Luna that is.

But I really don't care much about other shards. I want OUR Luna to burn!!!!!

-abs

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats what I did alot with those halloween Reapers. drug them into luna for some mayhem!