• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Minimum skill required for Doom

• Thread starter imported_xStrikerx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_xStrikerx

Right now my template is:
90.2 anatomy
75.0 chivilry (locked)
110.0 focus (locked)
77.0 healing
86.8 parry
53.6 resist
79.1 swords
89.4 tactics

My armor has:
68/60/70/59/66
17 LMC
44 HCI
43 DCI
3 StamR
2 HPR
45 DI

After items, my stats are:
113 STR (106 HP)
140 DEX (145 stam)
50 INT (50 mana)

I've been killing ogre lords since just before 70 in swords but I'm getting bored and would like to know when I would be able to survive in Doom. Also, is there somewhere else that would be good for training right now?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure. As long as there was a crowd, you'd be OK. You'd have no chance trying to solo anything though.

T

Trukx

As setnaffa said, you can certainly survive. Bigger picture though....while you may 'live', you arent going to be very productive w/ only 80 swords.

DF has 120 wrestling.....meaning you are not going to hit him very much, even if someone has a hit lower defense going or disco.

Min to be productive for me would be Gm weapon and 20+HCI. The rest will take care of itself because when you get to Gm weapon, you'll probably be close or at GM anat and tact for the damage bonuses.

While you may be able to kill OL's at this time, they arent ideal for gaining as the high end where you are currently is even to well above you in points. Earth Ele's seem to work really well, as do trogs.....because they are more in the 70-90 range, which is your sweet spot right now for gaining.

I

imported_xStrikerx

At 65, I was sick of whacking trolls with no effort so I killed some titans and cyclopedean warriors for a while. Then went to ogre lords because titans were a little too tough with low healing, couldnt gain much swords. I just cant stand killing stuff that has almost no chance to kill me even if I go afk, at least I can train healing with ogre lords.

I think I may try at 90 skill when I get my 2nd weapon special and maybe pickup a soulseeker or other blade with mana/stam leeches.

I

imported_xStrikerx

unrelated question i'll just ask here, does SDI affect hit spell effects on weapons?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. It has no effect. the Hit Spell on a weapon uses a pre-determined equivalent to Evaluate Intelligence (i.e. you get the bonus from EI without needing the skill), but SDI has no effect.

I think you can start gaining against OL's at 80. Are you already gaining off them? They are a good choice to GM Melee, Anatomy, and Tactics. I believe they can take you all the way to 120 if you want.

I

imported_xStrikerx

I've been gaining on OLs since 70, i think they may be better that other things at that level since they can take lots of hits (no running between or waiting for spawn like with trolls). I just have a good suit for it. I also have +63 stats on my gear.

S

slasherofveils

i got sick of OL's too, then I switched to fan dancers for a bit (take longer to kill, they destroy armor fast though)

I highly recommend troggs in painted caverns though. They die quick yes, but its a nonstop spawn of atleast 2 out to try and eat ya. Gains very fast, and good money too with a soulseeker. they will take you past gm very easily.