• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Minimum Lockpicking for paragon chests?

B

bordegan

I looked around and couldn't find anything...I could of missed it though. I'm trying to find out when I would be able to pick paragon chests etc. Do I have to wait until I'm gm or can I open them at an earlier level?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I looked around and couldn't find anything...I could of missed it though. I'm trying to find out when I would be able to pick paragon chests etc. Do I have to wait until I'm gm or can I open them at an earlier level?

[/ QUOTE ]

I fairly sure you have to be GM to open such chests.

G

AT GM level I fail and break picks a number of times before I get them open.

G

GragusMortal

It actually depends on the chest. Some chests are different levels. IE: Titan chests I belive are level 4 and you can unlock them before GM. Cyclopean Warrior chests are level 3. Anything that doesn't give a level 5 or 6 map then you can unlock before GM.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Titans are level 5.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, Titan paragon chests contain level 6 maps

Paragon chest level 1 t-map - Greater Mongbats.
Paragon chest level 2 t-map - Every level 1 t-map dropping critter.
Paragon chest level 3 t-map - Every level 2 t-map dropping critter.
Paragon chest level 4 t-map - Every level 3 t-map dropping critter.
Paragon chest level 5 t-map - Every level 4 t-map dropping critter.
Paragon chest level 6 t-map - Every level 5 t-map dropping critter.

Paragon chests hold to the same LP values chart that t-maps do...

Level 1: LP = 36.0 / Magery = 50.0 (Magic Unlock)
Level 2: LP = 76.0 / Magery = 100.0 (Magic Unlock)
Level 3: LP = 84.0
Level 4: LP = 92.0
Level 5: LP = 100.0
Level 6: LP = 100.0

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yeah, but they themselves drop level 5s. That gives them level 6 chests. I sorta only typed half my answer.

I

imported_Desolation87

I hate how at 100LP you still fail and break lp on chests, I know its only a matter of tries until the chest opens but man, its frustrating!! It's like the devs have setup LP to be able to go to 120..... hmmmmmm!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hate how at 100LP you still fail and break lp on chests, I know its only a matter of tries until the chest opens but man, its frustrating!! It's like the devs have setup LP to be able to go to 120..... hmmmmmm!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the minority...but I would love to see lp going to 120. I want the satyr trick removed too.

I want to see lvl 7 and 8 maps. The spawn only in Ilshner...and can/should spawn paragons as guardians. imagine a new paragon AW...lol!
I want to see 120 cart to dig one and 120 lp to pick it.

Make the loot a peerless loot and a doomstyle artie.

Then you would see groups treasure hunting again...no one could solo that!

TW

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've already fought a paragon AW with a group of 5 people - it wasn't pretty.

I

imported_captainobvious

i ran into a para AW a while ago..... i still remember the insurance money like i still had it. :p

i think, after spending EONS..... gaining picking.... ( by far the hardest skill ive attempted so far, blew poisoning away) you should never have to read... " you fail to pick the lock" EVER AGAIN!!!! youve more than paid your dues by this point. let it go already. mages dont fail when they max out, pickers shouldnt fail when they do. show the lockpickers some love OSI!!!

G

all skills fail occasionally at GM....I am all for making lpings a legendary skill...but I am in the minority! At 120 lp...I agree...you should never fail!

TW

G

<blockquote><hr>

all skills fail occasionally at GM....I am all for making lpings a legendary skill...but I am in the minority! At 120 lp...I agree...you should never fail!

TW

[/ QUOTE ]

God not sure if I would have the points to do 120lp

G

besides, if they made LP have a max 120, they would have to increase tinkers to 120. How else would all of the 'instant gratification' crowd ever get the skill trained up :p

G

LP skills can't be trained above 95 on tinker made boxes so having a 120 tinker is just useless.
The skill would have to be trained the same way it is trained from 95 to GM....dungeon chest ( hopefully if they did this they would can the Twisted Weald Glitch)

G

I hope that they don't have power scrolls for LP and cart and also any other skills that are still currently 100. As far as I am concern, power scrolls were a BIG mistake for UO. Also I believe that the current level of maps are good, it the loot in the chest that SUCKS. There should be a % of a chance of getting something good in any chest, not just the Level 6 chest and its arty. There has been so many times that I have tossed the entire contents of a chest on the ground, while doing maps for the wall map taps, because it was all junk.

G

I hope that they don't have power scrolls for LP and cart and also any other skills that are still currently 100. As far as I am concern, power scrolls were a BIG mistake for UO. Also I believe that the current level of maps are good, it the loot in the chest that SUCKS. There should be a % of a chance of getting something good in any chest, not just the Level 6 chest and its arty. There has been so many times that I have tossed the entire contents of a chest on the ground, while doing maps for the wall map taps, because it was all junk.

G

Do people love to train skiills so much that they just can't leave well enough alone? Ask yorself why 100% (GM) isn't good enough for any skill? Why should we have or be expected to be above GM? It doesn't make any sense. If the Devs had adjusted gm level formula to be the same as legendary we wouldn't have any of this nonsense. Instead all we get are request for more training. It is just dumb.

G

Do people love to train skiills so much that they just can't leave well enough alone? Ask yorself why 100% (GM) isn't good enough for any skill? Why should we have or be expected to be above GM? It doesn't make any sense. If the Devs had adjusted gm level formula to be the same as legendary we wouldn't have any of this nonsense. Instead all we get are request for more training. It is just dumb.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't mind some leather gloves similar to the +5 mining gloves (that go above cap), that would be a minor artifact added to the Level 6 Chest minor artifact possibilities - especially if you were required to be GM skill to put them on (all they would be good for is less chance of failure for GM T-hunters). I broke THIRTY picks on one Dark Wisp chest, the other night....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't mind some leather gloves similar to the +5 mining gloves (that go above cap), that would be a minor artifact added to the Level 6 Chest minor artifact possibilities - especially if you were required to be GM skill to put them on (all they would be good for is less chance of failure for GM T-hunters). I broke THIRTY picks on one Dark Wisp chest, the other night....

G

I could go for a pair of gloves like that or even higher.. What monster would drop those do you suppose? I know what you mean about those wisp chest. I ran out one day at glow working chests and this was my bank stash of picks.

G

I could go for a pair of gloves like that or even higher.. What monster would drop those do you suppose? I know what you mean about those wisp chest. I ran out one day at glow working chests and this was my bank stash of picks.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

It actually depends on the chest. Some chests are different levels. IE: Titan chests I belive are level 4 and you can unlock them before GM. Cyclopean Warrior chests are level 3. Anything that doesn't give a level 5 or 6 map then you can unlock before GM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Titan, Dragon, AW, Blood Elementals, Poison Elementals, ML Named Monsters, and Balrons chests are all level 6 and contain level 6 maps. I'm unsure of the other ML creatures. I have heard that the chests from the Moonglow event are level 5.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Normal dragon chests are level 5s. Greaters might drop level 6s, but not about to go after a paragon Greater (the normal paragons are hard enough).

Not all named creatures are level 6; Lurg only has a level 4 chest. The Titan, AW, Balron PE &amp; BE chests are level 6 because they are both normally level 5, AND just happen to be the spawn of a level 6 map (I think the devs looked specifically at what would have a level 6 map as a paragon, and chose the map spawn from that small pool).

Named Creature Maps known:
Lurg: Level 4
Pyre: gives level 5 maps, reported to give chests; so the chest would be level 6 (not personally got one yet, from the difficulties involved with getting past Rend)
Miasma: Level 6
Rend: Level 6
Putrifier: Level 6 (it's a named Balron - what do you expect?)
Abscess: Level 6
(I have chests for Putrifier, Rend and Abscess, by the way)

Named Creatures with unknown Map/chest status:
Flurry (very rare "trap" spawn in Labyrinth; named air or snow ele, unsure which, and so rarely encountered that only recently have I even found on Wiki sites, and had no entry as yet on Stratics)
Tempest (similarly rare named air ele or energy vortex in labyrinth).
Szavetra (named Succubus in Sanctuary)
Moug-guur (named ettin in Sanctuary)
Chikkaha the Toothed (named rat mage in Sanctuary)
All the creatures that spawn in The Prism of Light (most, if not all, might have maps, but chests are unlikely).

Not seen any reports of chests from any of the named Weald or Bedlam spawn, or the equivalent leader types from the Citadel (that the keys come from).

The wisp chests are level 5 (and a pain in the arse to open. I broke 30 picks on one chest, opening about 20 for a friend - 2 others opened first try. %$@#$@#$ random number generator).